Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
You know you are doing something right when....
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 8:59 am
I am very far from the perfect parent but I really try very hard to send things over when ppl make a simcha. I make supper for someone and I tell my kids look here is supper for the Klein family, their mommy had a baby and she is very tired so we are doing a mitzva and sending supper. A neighbor of mine just had a boy and my 6 year old daughter said Mazel Tov! What are going to send them for supper? I felt so good at that moment. I really do teach my kids the right things sometimes Smile Lets have a positive thread of moments you knew you were doing something right and giving the right message over to your kids.

hodeez

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:02 am
My 1 year old was coughing and fevering while I had other kids crying. As I was opening the medicine cabinet I said "Oy Hashem help me" and my 6yo says "Ima don't worry everything Hashem does is for the best". And the nachat I felt at that moment was immeasurable. She also came to my husband once and said " ABA I love you but Hashem is my best father" 😂

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:05 am
When my 2.5 yo would stop what she was doing and run to the mail slot and say “tank you” when she heard the mail coming in.

mha3484

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:06 am
My 10 year old struggles a lot. Very impulsive etc. He told me last shabbos that he and another boy in the beginning of the year did something really problematic. He went to the mashgiach of his school and turned himself in. It took major guts. I am not sure I could have done that at his age.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:06 am
When my kid doesn’t finish their ice cream or snack to the last drop. I know I’m not depriving them like I was.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:24 am
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
When my 2.5 yo would stop what she was doing and run to the mail slot and say “tank you” when she heard the mail coming in.

That's really sweet.
DH and I were once talking (in person) to R' Shmuel Kaminetsky sh"lita and we observed this same behavior. The mailman came, and he excused himself for a minute, went to the door, and opened it to say thank you.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:26 am
Chayalle wrote:
That's really sweet.
DH and I were once talking (in person) to R' Shmuel Kaminetsky sh"lita and we observed this same behavior. The mailman came, and he excused himself for a minute, went to the door, and opened it to say thank you.

At my in-laws' house, I observed that whichever adult or kid was present at the time always did that.

Beingreal

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 10:30 am
I had a bad day and felt like crying. My 4 year old wrapped her arms around me sand said "Mommy, I love you so much"!

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 10:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am very far from the perfect parent but I really try very hard to send things over when ppl make a simcha. I make supper for someone and I tell my kids look here is supper for the Klein family, their mommy had a baby and she is very tired so we are doing a mitzva and sending supper. A neighbor of mine just had a boy and my 6 year old daughter said Mazel Tov! What are going to send them for supper? I felt so good at that moment. I really do teach my kids the right things sometimes Smile Lets have a positive thread of moments you knew you were doing something right and giving the right message over to your kids.

My little son being dropped off at yeshiva and he stood holding the door open because he saw a rebbe way down the block walking to the yeshiva.

Zehava

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 10:35 am
My dd said
“I don’t belong to you, I belong to me”

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 10:36 am
Zehava wrote:
My dd said
“I don’t belong to you, I belong to me”

Smart kiddo.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 10:46 am
I was telling my 4 yo that last night while he was sleeping there was a really bad thunderstorm and I was scared. He said 'Ma you don't have to be scared there are the 4 malachim around you and Hashem is on your head, and they are always watching over you'

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
When my kid doesn’t finish their ice cream or snack to the last drop. I know I’m not depriving them like I was.

Omg same

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 12:24 pm
Love this thread!!

momof2+?

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 12:28 pm
My (then) 4 yr old in a store “Mommy, can you buy me this treat because you love me?”
Master negotiator.

s1

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 12:28 pm
My almost-three-year-old had some eczema on her leg that healed and she told me “Hashem made my leg better”

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 1:28 pm
Is it ok to share a story about an adult child?

When my son called me after being out on a weeklong field exercise in the army, he didn't complain about the conditions. He said excitedly, "I got to do a mitzvah I had never done before!"

The IDF supplies its soldiers with shovels for when they relieve themselves.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 1:47 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Is it ok to share a story about an adult child?

When my son called me after being out on a weeklong field exercise in the army, he didn't complain about the conditions. He said excitedly, "I got to do a mitzvah I had never done before!"

The IDF supplies its soldiers with shovels for when they relieve themselves.

Kol Hakavod to him and to you. Thank you for protecting our people and country!

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 1:51 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
Kol Hakavod to him and to you. Thank you for protecting our people and country!

Aww, thanks. It's an honor.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 2:45 pm
My preteen daughter sat down to say tehillim on her own numerous times for a
Sick relative. This child really, really dislikes davening and basically doesnt.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics