Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
I’m cringing

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 9:57 pm
I feel so bad for people who stoop so low on social media to advertise for companies.
It’s not that they advertise it’s the way that they do.
Post a whole sob story and then use their product to show why it isn’t a sob story in the end. But it reeks of advertising and just plain attention seeking.

You think you got us by being all “vulnerable”
Ugh this newest fad has literally got me gagging

Had to get that out there.

hodeez

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 9:59 pm
Social media is sad

amother
Bellflower

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:10 pm
hodeez wrote:
Social media is sad

Even sadder are people who splash their whole life on there especially when they’re older and should know better.they’re blasting to the world how insecure they are that they need to brag to everyone how great their life supposedly is. When you know it you don’t need to show it,

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:29 pm
these people are working the system. plain and simple.

HonesttoGod

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:30 pm
Annnddd we’re back on the Instagram hating train.

thunderstorm

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:32 pm
Whoever doesn’t like social media should go off of it. It seems to trigger lots of people. Avoid your triggers and stay away.
Marketing is a business. Social media is great for marketing. These people are doing a job and earning money for it. Stop taking everyone else’s lives so seriously. It’s not healthy for you to be so emotionally involved to the point that you need to release your frustration about this.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I feel so bad for people who stoop so low on social media to advertise for companies.
It’s not that they advertise it’s the way that they do.
Post a whole sob story and then use their product to show why it isn’t a sob story in the end. But it reeks of advertising and just plain attention seeking.

You think you got us by being all “vulnerable”
Ugh this newest fad has literally got me gagging

Had to get that out there.

They make money with those posts. It’s business.

trixx

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:43 pm
You know it takes real hustle to make money on social media. Good for whoever is doing it. Unfollow if you don't want to see it.

watergirl

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:49 pm
OP, next time you read a thread here by amother who is in desperate need of more money, or whose husband doesn’t let her keep her paycheck and she has to come up with creative ways earn income he won’t know about, or many other scenarios I can imagine, think about this thread. Women are doing what they need to do and what they can do to bring in a bit of money. Instead of wondering why they “stooped so low”, can you be generous of mind and thought to send good vibes and tefillos her way so she can bring in parnassa?

I truly do not understand the people who come onto imamother (social media) to complain about people on other social media. These threads are very sanctimonious. Nobody is better than anybody else.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:53 pm
Instead of shnoring for myself and my family, I work full time. Yes, I think I'm "better" than someone who posts go-fund-me's to support themselves.

Whatever "better" means.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:54 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Instead of shnoring for myself and my family, I work full time. Yes, I think I'm "better" than someone who posts go-fund-me's to support themselves.

Whatever "better" means.

That’s not what an influencer does.

watergirl

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 11:07 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:

Whatever "better" means.

Hashem should continue to bless you with a job, health, healthy children, and a husband who allows you to keep your paycheck. You are not better than anyone else. You have a different set of life circumstances because that is what Hashem decided for you. Read some of the threads on the site and you’ll see women who would love to work a full-time job but can not, or women who work a full-time job but have no access to their earnings. You are not better than anybody.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media