Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Salaries in Israel - Vent 😟
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 4:29 am
DrMom wrote:
Also Beer Sheva, Netanya, Ness Ziona/Rehovot, Lod/Airport City, Ashdod, Kiryat
Gat

Okay okay I didn't mention all them. Also I could not find any marketing/media position in Lod - there were maybe 2-3 positions which is more than where I live - but it wasn't a big city at all.

It really depends on what you work in, but yes those cities also have some hi-tech positions - more or less depending on what you are looking for.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 9:15 am
How much does your DH make per hour?

I work in an office for an Israeli company where the work is based in America, so we're paid on a tloosh with full Israeli benefits but the work is answering phone calls/customer service for Americans.
The hours are approximately 3:00-8:00pm, which means you have your whole day free beforehand.

Most of the men learn in the mornings, take a lunch break and then come to work. The starting salary is NIS 45 per hour with raises every year and people really stay long term and do well.
I think it's a great job. If phone calls and computers are something your DH would be good at, I can send you contact info to apply.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 11:53 am
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
Just to show that people can live very nicely in Israel, my husband and I are both in hi-tech and bring home together over 70,000 net. plus benefits and bonuses. Yes, we have degrees and over 10 years experience. But those that are planning aliya should do their research.

DH and I also both work in hi tech and make combined 55k shekel a month, neto. plus pension and Keren hishtalmut and other benefits.

We both have degrees and many years of experience.
Most of our friends in our age bracket and stage of life/career make the same or more.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 12:39 pm
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
DH and I also both work in hi tech and make combined 55k shekel a month, neto. plus pension and Keren hishtalmut and other benefits.

Most of our friends in our age bracket and stage of life/career make the same or more.

Can I ask what your degrees are in? Just wondering, my kids are at the stage where they are choosing a track at university. They were looking at computer science.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 12:51 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Can I ask what your degrees are in? Just wondering, my kids are at the stage where they are choosing a track at university. They were looking at computer science.

Dh - business administration
Me - computer science

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 12:57 pm
What are the hours like for your hi tech jobs? When both spouses are working in hi tec, how do you manage with childcare if you have kids?

byisrael

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 1:01 pm
How is your Hebrew?

I know of positions as horei bayit in different mosdot. The job is murder and only for people to cut out to give give and give, who really care about other people and are very emotionally healthy, but it is usually a 3 year contract, salary + free apartment + free utilities + free food.

I few people I know used the opportunity to go to school - the kids are at school during the day so the people I know who did this rented there apartment (covered mortgage), paid for school, and even put money away while going to school for careers where the years as horei bayit count as vetek (Social work, phsychology, or education)

You may have to go back to NY - but if you do you MUST MUST have a viable plan there, its not as easy as it seems if you both have zero education.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 1:03 pm
Dh - business administration
Me - computer science

Thanks.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 1:19 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
Okay okay I didn't mention all them. Also I could not find any marketing/media position in Lod - there were maybe 2-3 positions which is more than where I live - but it wasn't a big city at all.

It really depends on what you work in, but yes those cities also have some hi-tech positions - more or less depending on what you are looking for.

Most or all of these places are early accessible by train. My SIL is moving to one of the mentioned towns because it cuts her daily commute by 2/3 at least.
Who cares if there are only 2 or three marketing positions in Lod if you’re in Tel Aviv or Herzrliya in half an hour?

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 1:43 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
Most or all of these places are early accessible by train. My SIL is moving to one of the mentioned towns because it cuts her daily commute by 2/3 at least.
Who cares if there are only 2 or three marketing positions in Lod if you’re in Tel Aviv or Herzrliya in half an hour?

I live in a place with a train. But if there’s a train once every hour and you have to take a 30 minute bus ride to the train station and the train and bus times don’t align…. The commute is also 1.30 to 2 hours.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 1:49 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
I live in a place with a train. But if there’s a train once every hour and you have to take a 30 minute bus ride to the train station and the train and bus times don’t align…. The commute is also 1.30 to 2 hours.

I think specifically most of these places have direct and regular train service. Anyhow my SIL works very near to a train station so only has a short commute in here new town to the train.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 2:09 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
How much does your DH make per hour?

I work in an office for an Israeli company where the work is based in America, so we're paid on a tloosh with full Israeli benefits but the work is answering phone calls/customer service for Americans.
The hours are approximately 3:00-8:00pm, which means you have your whole day free beforehand.

Most of the men learn in the mornings, take a lunch break and then come to work. The starting salary is NIS 45 per hour with raises every year and people really stay long term and do well.
I think it's a great job. If phone calls and computers are something your DH would be good at, I can send you contact info to apply.

Can you plz send contact info I'm also looking
Thanks so so much

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 2:18 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
What are the hours like for your hi tech jobs? When both spouses are working in hi tec, how do you manage with childcare if you have kids?

DH works locally, long hours but flexible, and I work part time, from home. If I worked full time in hi tech my salary would be more than double but I want to be home for my kids.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 2:35 pm

DH and I are also in hi tech, we bring in 39k a month or so neto. We are both in our first decade in the workforce.

It is possible to earn and live comfortably in Israel.

OP, do not sell your apartment! Rent it out and live somewhere cheaper.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 2:54 pm
I want to add that a close relative of mine (I’m giving out way too much private information here so let’s leave it at that) had a pretty much minimum wage job pre-COVID and it was in one of the first industries to be shut down. This relative who had a social studies degree dedicated their time on chalat (unpaid leave) to teaching themselves to code (or some other hi-tech skill) after the economy started settling this relative got themselves a job at a start up company and is making really good money now.
Another not so close relative also with a social studies degree just landed a marketing job for a start up.

amother
Mocha

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 3:00 pm
Following.

I am a nurse practitioner in the US making a decent salary. We are considering aliyah. I think with a lot of time and work, I would be able to transfer my degrees. However, not sure I would ever make a decent salary there. We are not fancy but also don't want to be poor (and want to save for retirement, etc)

I'm considering all options, including retraining in Israel, perhaps in computer science.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 3:04 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Can you plz send contact info I'm also looking
Thanks so so much

I need your screen name to PM you. Or make up an anonymous email address and I'll email the info to you.

sarahph1

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 4:53 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I need your screen name to PM you. Or make up an anonymous email address and I'll email the info to you.

Oops I didn't realize I was anonymous
Thnx so much
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics