Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pool safety help!
Previous  1  2  3  4

Blessing1

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 1:13 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
What do people do when they go to hotels for a Pesach/sukkos program? Most hotels have no fence and a lot of these places have outdoor BBQs or sukkahs out doors. The place is full of kids … she said it’s not an option to not go. Make it an option is obviously not working so how about
- hiring a babysitter/nanny $$$$$
Or
-Whenever they step foot out doors they put on puddle jumpers over their Shabbos clothes $$

Yup. Super weird but if I were you and I couldn’t get out of it , I would be the weird mom putting puddle jumpers on my kids. Maybe attach an alarm that rings when it gets wet if someone where to fall in … could be muktza but ask a rav. Also best option of course is to NOT go. But it sounds like your really stuck so those are the two options I can come up with.

Most hotels with an outdoor pool do have a gate.
And a hotel is not a house where kids run around. Little kids usually don't run around unsupervised at a hotel. And usually hotel pools can only be accessed with a room key.

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 11:24 pm
Way too dangerous. I have an inground pool and we put up our Sukkah right next to it. We closed the pool this week for safety. There is no safe way otherwise. And that's for my own kids that know pool safety. As guests, I feel it would be even more dangerous when kids have even less awareness of the dangers. But regardless, I wouldn't go unless pool gets covered. Every pool should have a seasonal cover. Any temporary face isn't safe, kids climb. And there is no way to keep an eye on kids 24/7, ppl go in and out of Sukkah constantly. It's a real, real danger!

amother
White

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 11:57 pm
Your relatives should not be inviting company with little kids to spend time outside before their pool is properly gated or closed with a proper Meyco pool cover.

You should not go if they can not make their home safe for your family.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 12:35 am
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:

-Whenever they step foot out doors they put on puddle jumpers over their Shabbos clothes $$

Yup. Super weird but if I were you and I couldn’t get out of it , I would be the weird mom putting puddle jumpers on my kids.

I really like this idea, but can they get life vests that go on the kids as soon as they get dressed in the morning and only come off when they go to bed at night?

As far as the rest goes, one of my kids has autism and had a tendency to run off all the time when he was younger (ok, he still does, but nowhere near as bad). He was curious and wanted to explore and the fact that a grown up wasn't exploring with him wouldn't have slowed him down. If we went to a family member's house that didn't have the safety features we needed for him we either slept in front of the bedroom door so he couldn't get out of the room without us knowing (as in, literally on the floor if there was no other option) or my husband and I took turns being awake while he slept to avoid problems overnight. And yes, daytimes were literally someone (an assigned someone, not just "oh, there are plenty of people around, it'll be fine") had to have eyes on him at all times. If that person so much as went to the bathroom, they made sure another person took over.

I have to tell you, we made it work, but a stress free situation it wasn't. If you can't have eyes on them at all times, then you are back to fences and everything else.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics