Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
I just ralphed

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:27 am
Well Just....

I threw up really heavy 1.30 hour ago and I lost my appitite since feel weak. Seriously my breakfast and lunch was gone I totally don't feel like having anything in my tummy now and it is here like 3 hours before candle ligthing don't know what to do help Crying

English3

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:28 am
Call a rav and ask him what you should do for the fast. Do you have an electrolyte drink at home?

scruffy

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:29 am
Have easy to eat foods if you have on hand.

Chicken soup. Rice.

Are you feeling OK otherwise? Maybe ask your doctor or rav what to do

Feel better Heart Heart Heart

Last edited by scruffy on Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:30 am
English3 wrote:
Call a rav and ask him what you should do for the fast. Do you have an electrolyte drink at home?
I have

amother
Tulip

I wish I could send you some chicken soup!
But with a name like yours, you would probably think mine tasted like toilet water.

Chickensoupprof

scruffy wrote:
Have easy to eat foods if you have on hand.

Chicken soup. Rice.

Are you feeling OK otherwise? Maybe ask your doctor or rav what to do
I feel a bit weak not really well...

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:31 am
Oy! Refuah shelaima!

I would suggest calling a rav for guidance on what to do if you need to break your fast. It sounds like you're sick and might not have strength to fast the whole yom kippur.

I'd focus on hydration for now. Herbal teas, chicken soup. Whether or not you end up fasting, you need to watch out for dehydration if you are throwing up.

Feel better!

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:35 am
Call a Rav, but if your sick the day before a fast its a sacana to fast. You probably won't be allowed to.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:38 am
Your focus now should be on taking care of yourself. IYH You will get useful guidance from a rav. Hashem should help you know what to do over YK---and taking care of yourself with acute ilness is part of Torah too. Refuah Sheleimah!

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:46 am
If not pregnant, take pesto bismol. Wait 30-45 min and drink powerade or Gatorade. Refuah shalaima.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 11:30 am
I should drink now at much as I can and take O.R.S if I feel to weak for shul I shouldn't go to shul. I drunk now and had a few waters and some grapejuice as the rav told me. If I throw up soon my chicken and beansit's a different story but I think I will spend my dangveni at home tonight. This was a yeshivish rav I asked in the meanwhile the chabad shliach heard I threw up and he said I can take a spoon water every 12 minutes or something. Don't know if it comes to that. For now I kept the food in.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 8:34 pm
How are you feeling now?

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:26 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
How are you feeling now?
. BH! HaShem has been so kind to me to bless me with an easy fast! I did kol nidrei at home and went to bed really early. When I woke up I went to shul l stayed the whole day. The Dutch have such a long davening. Was able to say lots of tehilim. Because sometimes I just can’t handle the davening. Bh I’m good, btw what always bothers me is that I motzei YK can’t sleep like I have lots of energy.

Thx for asking

mochamix18

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:55 am
Glad you made it through..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur