Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
DS2 help

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 11:42 pm
So darling adorable DS2 has a new habit of putting his hands in his pants (in the back, not the front) when he walks around. When I tell him to stop he does but then can do it again a little later. This has been happening on and off for the past couple of weeks.
The problem is that when he sticks his hand there it goes straight into his diaper. And today he did it and his diaper was dirty…I’m sure you can imagine the results. I’m done!! But not sure how to stop this! I can’t put on onesie shirts that snap on the bottom since those come in baby size, and he’s already toddler size. I also don’t want to do anything crazy like taping his diaper to his skin. Ideas?
(To clarify- he does this when walking around. He sometimes walk around with his hands behind his back and I guess this is a convenient spot to rest his hand…)

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 11:48 pm
Dress him in overalls.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 11:49 pm
Ask him why he does it. Is it itchy? Does he have an owie? Do you need to check to see if he needs changing more often?

Check for pinworms and diaper rash.

This company makes one piece snap bottom shirts in sizes up to teens. https://www.cbobaby.com/

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 11:50 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Ask him why he does it. Is it itchy? Does he have an owie? Do you need to check to see if he needs changing more often?

Check for pinworms and diaper rash.

This company makes one piece snap bottom shirts in sizes up to teens. https://www.cbobaby.com/

He just turned two and his speech isn’t good enough yet. He doesn’t seem to be in pain…I guess I can change him more often and see if that helps

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 11:50 pm
I really don’t want to buy him a new wardrobe Sad

momsrus

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 11:54 pm
If he’s not trained why not have him wear a onsie. He won’t be able to get into his diaper.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 12:14 am
OP, the undershirts/onesies with the snaps on the bottom come till size 3 or 4 and most brands run big. My average size 2 year old wears size 18 months carters. My toddlers wear them till they're toilet trained.

challahchallah

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 12:44 am
I use the basic white onesies as undershirts under whatever outfit I have. Gerber makes them through size 5T, though size up since they tend to run small.

Gerber unisex-baby 5-pack Solid Onesies Bodysuits https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X.....psc=1
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics