Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Ground beef

sandwich

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 8:59 am
I need a recipe for something with ground beef. I want something diff't not the usual meatballs or meatloaf what else can I make with it it also has to be with ingredients I have in my house as I don't drive and can't go to the store now and I need it for supper tonight. thanks

cookielady

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 9:07 am
If you have toritllas bread, you could make soft taccos.
Cook the meat with onions and tacco seasoning. Warm tortillas and fill with meat, lettuce, tom, kidney beans, and guacmole. It's great and easy.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 9:08 am
moussaka?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 9:25 am
sloppy joes.

Ima'la

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 9:33 am
I make meat sauce with my regular sweet meatball recipe - instead of making the meat mixture into balls, just mix it in with the sauce - and serve over rice or couscous - yum

Or stuffed peppers (or eggplant or cabbage - just thought you'd be most likely to have peppers in the house), meat lasagna... I have a recipe for a noodle-meat casserole - sautee onions, garlic, brown the meat, add tomato sauce, spices, mix with a cooked pkg. of noodles, bake covered 1/2 hr. and serve.

gryp

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 9:41 am
shepherd's pie.

I made such a great one last week for a special supper. Bottom layer was (cooked) ground beef, I poured some duck sauce over it, next layer I spread grilled zucchini, onions, and peppers, and then mashed potatoes. It came out perfect.

shanie5

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 10:04 am
ITALIAN MEATBALL SOUP

6 med. zucchini squash (do not peel)
2 med. onions
4 med. potatoes
4 carrots
5-6 mild or hot Italian sausage (you can use both)
1 lg. can tomato puree
Salt & pepper

Slice vegetables, cover with water and salt. Be sure the water has a salty taste. After water begins to boil, drop sausage in the soup through the opening a little at a time. Cook about 1 hour, add tomato puree and simmer at least 15 to 20 minutes. You can cook this soup as long as you like.

I just took this off the net, but there are many others like it if you do a search.

Mommish

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 2:01 pm
chili

tzatza

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 1:42 pm
Brown beef with a chopped up onion in the pan. Season with salt, paprika, garlic powder. Once most liquid is evaporated, and meat is cooked, pour pasta sauce over it and fully heat it up. In the meantime, take angel's hair pasta (I am sure u can subsitute for any other) and cook as directed breaking pasta into few smaller parts before putting into salted boiling water (so it is more like small thin noodles). When cooked, drain, run some cold water through it, add to the meat and sauce in the pan and mix well. Enjoy!

tzatza

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 6:12 pm
GR wrote:
shepherd's pie.

I made such a great one last week for a special supper. Bottom layer was (cooked) ground beef, I poured some duck sauce over it, next layer I spread grilled zucchini, onions, and peppers, and then mashed potatoes. It came out perfect.

GR, can u please give exact measurements and temperature/time?
Thanks

yo'ma

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 6:18 pm
there's also a great sheperd's pie recipe in the lubavitcha cookbook.

sunshine!

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 6:39 pm
You can try meat knishes-my kids LOVE it! I saute' an onion with the meat and spice it. Then I fill small pastry dough squares with the mixture, egg and sesame seed it and bake in the oven. It is YUMMY! And my finicky kids eat it!!

greentiger

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 7:35 am
Today I made a meat rice casserole with leftover ptitim. It was really yum.

Here's what I did:

Spice the meat and saute till fully cooked
transfer the meat into a big bowl and pour the cooked rice (or ptitim) inside.
Add 3 eggs
mix it all together and pour into a pan
top with breadcrumbs
put in oven and cook for about half an hour.

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 8:36 am
search for meat pie

I make that recipe with little pie pans, and freeze it..

Loove it...cannot post it at school...but I know it's in the meat section somewhere...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics