Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
My Whatsapp isnt working, "Connecting" for the last hour
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:02 pm
I literally live on WhatsApp normally lol but still don’t get the big deal everyone is making. If I needed to contact someone today I texted them instead. And anyone international I used telegram for. Honestly it’s much more peaceful without checking WhatsApp every minute.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:07 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
100% intentional. International communication is down. The question is what are they hiding. Why? Is this the cyber attack that head of world economic forum told us was coming ? Is it to detract and distract from whistle blowers and project Veritas drop?
It's frightening how powerless we the people are without a voice.

I was with you until that last bit.

What's frightening is how dependent you are on social media, feeling that without someone handing you the microphone and asking you to blast every thought to the world, you are "powerless" and "without a voice." Puh-lease.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:13 pm
What’s frightening is another rent in the screen of “routine expectations” in today’s world - and I don’t even use these social media platforms - Lotta agendas in play these days

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:15 pm
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
I was with you until that last bit.

What's frightening is how dependent you are on social media, feeling that without someone handing you the microphone and asking you to blast every thought to the world, you are "powerless" and "without a voice." Puh-lease.

What I mean is they're clearly trying to silence a story. So that's concerning. If you want to share newws outside of mainstream media, your outlets are FB and IG.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:19 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
What I mean is they're clearly trying to silence a story. So that's concerning. If you want to share newws outside of mainstream media, your outlets are FB and IG.

Such simplistic thinking.

I agree that someone doesn't want something known. To think that it revolves around your opinions or someone else's? Conspiracy theory would be a compliment.

You can share news with anyone who cares to read your stuff by email, a blog, text, etc. We don't REALLY need these social media platforms. And what about old-fashioned newspapers, magazines, radio?

Then again, it might be fun to be you. Certainly, if your biggest concerns are not being able to blast your opinion to the world, then what worries you is much less worrisome than what's worrying me. That kind of egocentric thinking could be a lot of fun.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:26 pm
Look, there are essentially two three options.

The first one is the whistleblower option, which cerise wrote. It's not likely, but it's not unlikely, either, and it's possible that if Facebook realized there was a real threat and that they could be sued, they pulled the plug. Maybe they tried to shut down only the externals, to try and fix the breach, and ended up shutting off everything by accident. Could be something else - like someone spilled coffee and spilled coffee on a central computer. Who knows.

The second option is one which I don't think is wise to share online. Let's just say it doesn't revolve around itty bitty petty people's opinions.

The third option is that they fell victim to ransomware from North Korea and you'll now have to pay to use these platforms, so as to help them make up lost revenue and the cost of paying the ransom. This is unlikely but it's still funny. LOL

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:27 pm
They've announced they've sent a team to try to restart Facebook's servers.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:28 pm
Or a fourth option: software fail.

When you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:29 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:

A whole team to flip a switch!! Cool!! LOL This is getting funner and more funner by the minute.

In other news, Whatsapp has announced that the only thing working for them is email.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:31 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Or a fourth option: software fail.

When you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras

Yes, that was my FIRST thought. But then Facebook's key cards were announced as no longer working. Ladies, that key card technology has been around since many of us were itty bitty little girls. It's not that complicated a technology, and (because it is not too complicated and VERY localized) it's not that easy to bring down (barring power outages).

And, it's not really connected to their servers, at least not in the way we'd usually expect a server outage to work.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:31 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:

Reminds me of the Southpark episode that the whole internet has been turned off and that one of the southpark people (I think Stan) goes to this place and just plug something in and out LOL

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:32 pm
A whole team to flip a switch!! Cool!! LOL This is getting funner and more funner by the minute.

In other news, Whatsapp has announced that the only thing working for them is email.
Not sure if you are joking or not, but a broken server needs way more than a flipped switch. It could need to be rebuilt. Or redoing the coding. This could actually take time.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:34 pm
Look, there are essentially two three options.

The first one is the whistleblower option, which cerise wrote. It's not likely, but it's not unlikely, either, and it's possible that if Facebook realized there was a real threat and that they could be sued, they pulled the plug. Maybe they tried to shut down only the externals, to try and fix the breach, and ended up shutting off everything by accident. Could be something else - like someone spilled coffee and spilled coffee on a central computer. Who knows.

The second option is one which I don't think is wise to share online. Let's just say it doesn't revolve around itty bitty petty people's opinions.

The third option is that they fell victim to ransomware from North Korea and you'll now have to pay to use these platforms, so as to help them make up lost revenue and the cost of paying the ransom. This is unlikely but it's still funny. LOL

I'm one of those people with a pretty high IQ who just doesn't get hints (honestly!) like people say "I thought you for sure knew I was getting engaged because.." and I really didn't know..
What I'm trying to say is please can you give me some idea as to what Option 2 is? I'm clueless..

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:35 pm
There usually are backup server farms that can have the traffic routed to it... The fact that it's taking this long isn't really very promising.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:35 pm
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
Not sure if you are joking or not, but a broken server needs way more than a flipped switch. It could need to be rebuilt. Or redoing the coding. This could actually take time.

I know. I couldn't help it though. It's funny. LOL

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:37 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
I'm one of those people with a pretty high IQ who just doesn't get hints (honestly!) like people say "I thought you for sure knew I was getting engaged because.." and I really didn't know..
What I'm trying to say is please can you give me some idea as to what Option 2 is? I'm clueless..

This forum is visible to anyone on the internet. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, if I'm right it would be a crime to say anything now. (I'm also one of those people, I get you.)

Curious, where do you live?

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:37 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
There usually are backup server farms that can have the traffic routed to it... The fact that it's taking this long isn't really very promising.

Or it just means that the error isn't where we're all presuming it is.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:40 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Reminds me of the Southpark episode that the whole internet has been turned off and that one of the southpark people (I think Stan) goes to this place and just plug something in and out LOL

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:40 pm
But it is a very efficient way to reach masses of people fast with info
In totalitarian countries and coups revolution first step is to shut down fb and lines of communication.
They even shut down their country’s internet totally too.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:41 pm
This forum is visible to anyone on the internet. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, if I'm right it would be a crime to say anything now. (I'm also one of those people, I get you.)

Curious, where do you live?

Do you mean that you think the US is behind it?

Last edited by amother on Mon, Dec 20 2021, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics