Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Ideas to keep 7 year old busy

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 1:43 pm
I need a list of ideas for when my kids are bored. We have a ton of toys but they aren't always interested in that.
Someone gave me an idea of having him write questions on the parsha to read at the shabbos table. Loved that idea.
So I'm looking for creative 'different' ideas to suggest when they complain they're bored.
Thanks!

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 2:00 pm
Someone just told me about art hub for kids on YouTube . Tried it and my elementary age kids love love love drawing along with it. It keeps them busy for a very long time.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 2:19 pm
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
Someone just told me about art hub for kids on YouTube . Tried it and my elementary age kids love love love drawing along with it. It keeps them busy for a very long time.

Sounds great! Do you have a link to the channel, or at least the name of it?

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 3:27 pm
https://www.artforkidshub.com/

Or type in "art hub for kids" on YouTube

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 4:25 pm
Any other ideas? My kids don't use the computer...

amother
Black

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 4:29 pm
I bought crayola paint, lots of construction paper, sequins, coloring books, perler beads... stuff like that. It's great but I can use a lot more ideas.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 5:07 pm
Naki radio!

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 7:43 pm
We always loved imaginary games. Just take out a big box or so and pretend it to be something like a boat, a car, a plane or even a palace...

You can also bake with them or involve them in the kitchen, this might get messy but worth their happy smiles Very Happy

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 8:07 pm
How old are the kids you are trying to keep busy?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 3:30 am
The hugs going on on this thread are mind boggling.
I am so happy my kids don't use the computer. Throughout the whole covid and lockdowns they never needed the computer. They have amazing imaginations kh.
I was especially grateful about this after spending time with relatives who give their children their own devices from the age of 2. It was so sad to see their extreme dependence on the device, their lack of imagination and their interesting role models.
But thanks for the hugs and thanks for turning this thread into this. Banging head
Can't Believe It

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 3:31 am
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
How old are the kids you are trying to keep busy?

7 and 5

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 3:32 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I bought crayola paint, lots of construction paper, sequins, coloring books, perler beads... stuff like that. It's great but I can use a lot more ideas.

I actually ordered this before you even mentioned it. Waiting for it to arrive. Thanks!

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:10 am
Girls could love stringing bead necklaces or do Perler beads (it’s a part time job for mommy though, who will have to tie strings, iron beads, and collect the spilled ones at various points during the day…)

The next idea might not work for 5&7 years old, but you gotta start preparing it now for when they are 7&9…

So, if you subscribe to any type of kids friendly magazine, don’t throw them away, keep the issues organized in their numerical order in a 3-hole binder (there is a special piece you can use for that, search Baumgartens Magazine Organizer), some kids could sit hours with magazines back issues.

I understand that a computer device will not work, however, you might want to keep on the top top shelf a cheap mini portable game console as a last resort, they mostly have vintage Mario bros games and the likes.

Good luck Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children