Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Move to the heart of community?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 1:43 pm
I live on the outskirts of the area where most people who daven in my shul live. I am a quiet person so I tend to prefer it that way (also lower pressure, I can leave my house looking like a slump and no one will care), but now that my sons are getting a bit older I’m wondering if given the opportunity to move more to the heart of the community should I for them? They’d have a totally different life I think. I tell myself that I can make social efforts but it doesn’t really happen. I remember growing up a friend told me that even though she lived where all the cool kids live she used to look out her window and see them playing without her. Has anyone had an experience living in the heart of the community and regretting it or living outside the main area and preferring it? Thoughts?

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 2:04 pm
If you are not popular moving to the heart will not help, it will only rub it in. If you are on the periphery, it makes you more available and thought of and easier to include. If you are super popular, you are probably included anyway, but it makes life easy.

I was not popular and continued just feel like a loser growing up.
We live off the beaten path. I have kids who are somewhat included anyway and one who hates where we live and blames not having friends on it, but I am fairly certain she wouldn’t have friends anyway and would feel a whole lot worse about herself because she would not have the outside sources to blame.

Your boys maybe cooler than our family genetics.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 7:38 pm
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
If you are not popular moving to the heart will not help, it will only rub it in. If you are on the periphery, it makes you more available and thought of and easier to include. If you are super popular, you are probably included anyway, but it makes life easy..

This is great thank you! So true. There are some quite popular and involved people I know who live a bit further out too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating