Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Can someone explain the quarantine in Israel

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 11:27 am
When the new rules state that one has to be in quarantine for 24 hours--can one quarantine in a 3 br 1.5 bathroom apartment where 4 Israelis (2 adults 2 babies) live?

Would I have go to a hotel for this period rather than going straight to my child and family?

Would that mean they couldn't leave their apartment either?

TIA

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When the new rules state that one has to be in quarantine for 24 hours--can one quarantine in a 3 br 1.5 bathroom apartment where 4 Israelis (2 adults 2 babies) live?

Would I have go to a hotel for this period rather than going straight to my child and family?

Would that mean they couldn't leave their apartment either?

TIA

Quarantine means you meet no one else. The quarantine rules have not changed.

Here are the pages you are looking for.

https://corona.health.gov.il/e.....tion/

https://corona.health.gov.il/e.....-faq/

When my father came he rented an AirBnB for those 24 hours, near where he wanted to do his serology test. It worked out better for everyone.

You certainly don't want to put the babies at risk, either, and no contact in a tight Israeli apartment is tough to do.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:30 pm
Since I am vaccinated and will obviously have had a clean PCR test within 72 hours, I really don't think I would be having COVID, but I want to know if I can technically have this time at my child's apartment, or do I have to go to a separate location?

mindyme

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:32 pm
By the rules, you should go to a separate location. As above.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:41 pm
You can stay with your daughter, assuming she is vaccinated, assuming you'll have your own bedroom and clean after yourself in the bathroom (actually if your grandchildren are babies and not using the bathroom just do your regular thing). You will have to keep your distance from the babies until the results are in (I.e. cannot be in the same room with them), unless they are quarantined as well until your results are in and you take the very slim chance that you might actually be COVID positive. If it's only for 24 hours, honestly I'd take this route, have the babies stay home as well until results are in. Now, if you had a household of non-vaccinated kids who go to school and can't stay home for 24 hours and maybe are high-risk I'd recommend a hotel.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:45 pm
Thank you chanchy.
They are both under 3, so just maon, no school for them, and this quarantine would be over Shabbos anyway. You are saying the govt would allow it, and the poster above is saying that they wouldn't. Hence my confusion.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 1:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you chanchy.
They are both under 3, so just maon, no school for them, and this quarantine would be over Shabbos anyway. You are saying the govt would allow it, and the poster above is saying that they wouldn't. Hence my confusion.

In the past, anyone coming into the country had to quarantine in a hotel, today it is self-isolation. I'm pretty sure you just have to sign or state that you have a place to quarantine, and if you will have your own room, you do.
it's your choice how you do the quarantine, but if you are exposed to anyone who does not have a tav yarok (recently vaccinated or recovered) then they should be quarantined with you as well and they take the risk of being infected and/or extended quarantine.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 1:18 pm
Well the babies aren't vaccinated--adults are.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics