Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
I HATE living in an apt building!!!!!

amother

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 4:04 pm
When I was growing up, we always lived in a house. When my dh and I got engaged, I said no apt buildings. He wanted a nice bathroom and I wanted a nice kitchen. Well, we ended up in an apt building, not a nice bathroom or kitchen, but we loved the bedroom, it was huge. Now many years and basement, house, and apt later, we are in a building again. I HATE IT. Not only is there all the things about it that I don't like, but I just stepped on another roach before and yuck, the sound it makes when the bones (?) crack. They do send an exterminator once a week, but I usually wasn't home when they came, so all the buggies came to me. I am home for the exterminator now, so maybe they'll leave, hopefully.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 4:12 pm
it's not the bones, it's the exoskeleton, made of chitin.

yeah, I had that problem.
much luck.

manhattanmom

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 4:27 pm
Move up to the penthouse--We've been living on a really high floor for almost 2 years--never had a bug! And apartment building living has LOTS of pros too! First of all, you don't really need to know how to fix things like your toilet, etc. just call maintenance! You also never have to shovel snow! And if you live in a community that doesn't have an eiruv you can still have a social life on shabbos (within the building) if you have a baby--that's of course assuming there are people in your building you can socialize with and there's an eiruv within the building.
You also don't have to fold up your own recycling and bring your own garbage cans to and from the curb.
You can visit friends without having to put on a coat in the winter or bundle up all the kids...Hey, amother--you should move to my neighborhood!

amother

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 4:59 pm
Quote:
We've been living on a really high floor for almost 2 years--never had a bug!
maybe they dont like it that high LOL
Quote:
First of all, you don't really need to know how to fix things like your toilet, etc. just call maintenance
we kind of own it and I unclog my own toilets Speechless
Quote:
You also never have to shovel snow!
it doesn't snow by us Cheers
Quote:
And if you live in a community that doesn't have an eiruv you can still have a social life on shabbos (within the building) if you have a baby--that's of course assuming there are people in your building you can socialize with and there's an eiruv within the building.
no frum jews and the only jews are eldery
Quote:
You also don't have to fold up your own recycling and bring your own garbage cans to and from the curb.
not the recycling part because I don't have to fold it anyway, but bringing it to the curb..YAY!!!!
I know what you're trying to say, thank you.

louche

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 7:32 pm
manhattanmom wrote:
And apartment building living has LOTS of pros too! !

everything she said. Plus, love (as in love my apt) means being able to bring the baby to the sitter in your slippers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics