Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Quick pleas frozen cubed cilantro instead of bunch how much

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 4:52 pm
For Moroccan fish sauce. I don’t have a bunch of cilantro. Can I use cubed frozen and how much?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 4:58 pm
Sure. If you like the taste cilantro, just add by taste and look. It should be nicely mixed with green.
If you don't like cilantro, just use parsley and some scallions.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:01 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Sure. If you like the taste cilantro, just add by taste and look. It should be nicely mixed with green.
If you don't like cilantro, just use parsley and some scallions.

Thanks. So just by look. There is no set amount of cubes for a bunch. I wonder if I should mix with parsley. Does cilantro have a strong distinct taste?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. So just by look. There is no set amount of cubes for a bunch. I wonder if I should mix with parsley. Does cilantro have a strong distinct taste?

Very strong very distinct taste. If you don't like raw celery, do not use cilantro as some people like me have a gene that makes cilantro taste like a mouthful of soap. My brother on the other hand, loves it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:14 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Very strong very distinct taste. If you don't like raw celery, do not use cilantro as some people like me have a gene that makes cilantro taste like a mouthful of soap. My brother on the other hand, loves it.

Interesting. I have that gene also. I was wondering when I went to eat out food with cilantro I sometimes thought it’s spoiled or soapy. Thanks again
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics