Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
If you bought a house in Brooklyn
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 10:44 pm
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
How much are houses now in Flatbush - In the 30s before Marine Park?
With a private driveway....

If it's in move in condition, probably around 900k-950k

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:44 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
If it's in move in condition, probably around 900k-950k

Really depends so much on the size. The semi attached could be 850-875K.

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you mind sharing how many years ago?
How much did you pay?
How big is the house/condition?

I’m just asking out of interest because it’s something I’m into now.

OP are you just looking or did you buy?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 3:17 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
OP are you just looking or did you buy?

I’m looking and these responses are interesting to read

amother
Sage

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:39 pm
Bought 7 yrs ago, semi detached 4 br with shared driveway, unfinished basement with plumbing roughed out, old kitchen, decent condition 665k.

Now it’s going for mid 8’s I think. We did a lot of work so ours would be worth more…

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 6:02 pm
amother [ Sage ] wrote:
Bought 7 yrs ago, semi detached 4 br with shared driveway, unfinished basement with plumbing roughed out, old kitchen, decent condition 665k.

Now it’s going for mid 8’s I think. We did a lot of work so ours would be worth more…

4 bdrms upstairs? Or attic?

amother
Sage

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 6:41 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
4 bdrms upstairs? Or attic?

4th bedroom in attic

amother
Black

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:48 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
15 yrs ago
Small starter home
$710,000

Houses are going foe $875,000- on my block. Same size.

Mind sharing which part of Brooklyn? I looking to buy and that price sounds to good to be true

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 8:01 pm
I don't think we can afford a fully detached house unless it's in shambles. I don't mind some work, but I do want a private driveway and would like a finished basement. I don't expect more than 3 bedrooms upstairs in a semi detached, but am hoping for some extra space in the basement.

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 8:03 pm
Oops. . That posted before I finished. So a house as I described above in the 30s would go for $850k-$900k move in? And a fixer upper would be $800?

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 8:35 pm
Not necessarily! You need to know someone selling without an agent. And also, I'm in the 30s... the houses priced in the 8s are sitting and sitting. You're seeing more and more houses sell in the mid-7s, and they're really decent with private driveways and barely any work..
The ones that are in the 8s have extensions and more than one spot, and are litereally BRAND new and have amenities like split units, new boilers, hot water heaters, roofs, kitchens, added bathrooms, etc.
A nice semi-attached 3 bedroom home with a basement should be mid-7s if they want to sell. 8s and up are going to sit and sit unless they're stunners.
I bought my house around 700k two years ago and did around 70k of work including a new kitchen and added a bathroom. Fully detached 3 bedroom plus one in the basement. Private parking.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 8:41 pm
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
Not necessarily! You need to know someone selling without an agent. And also, I'm in the 30s... the houses priced in the 8s are sitting and sitting. You're seeing more and more houses sell in the mid-7s, and they're really decent with private driveways and barely any work..
The ones that are in the 8s have extensions and more than one spot, and are litereally BRAND new and have amenities like split units, new boilers, hot water heaters, roofs, kitchens, added bathrooms, etc.
A nice semi-attached 3 bedroom home with a basement should be mid-7s if they want to sell. 8s and up are going to sit and sit unless they're stunners.
I bought my house around 700k two years ago and did around 70k of work including a new kitchen and added a bathroom. Fully detached 3 bedroom plus one in the basement. Private parking.

Don't think that's accurate. I know of several houses in the thirties that went for approx 820 within the past few months; 3BR semi attached not new condition at all.

nicole81

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 9:02 pm

Idk how accurate this is. Houses in my area (mill basin) that are 100 years old, 3 beds and semi detached with either a shared drive or a carport are going for 700-750 and we're meant to be much cheaper than Flatbush and marine park.

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 9:16 pm

Why do I need to know someone without an agent?

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 9:18 pm
I bought in thirties recently. Low 700s. Minor work needed just painting few rooms. Shared driveway. Done over basement. Many houses are selling in the 700s

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 9:24 pm
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
I bought in thirties recently. Low 700s. Minor work needed just painting few rooms. Shared driveway. Done over basement. Many houses are selling in the 700s

Whoa. You got a steal.

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 9:26 pm
Two houses in the 30s sold for 785 recently. Another one just sold for 799 . Another for 768, another for 769, another for 735... okay, so one of those didn't even have parking. Two of them had private parking. The rest had shared. Each totally move in condition, 3 bedrooms, semi-attached. A house nearby sold for 850, but that had a new roof, extension, four bathrooms, finished basement, etc.
Someone a few blocks away from me bought for 680... while some saw the house as a gut job, they saw it as an opportunity to buy, and they made it absolutely beautiful with a coat of paint, new floors, a 1st floor bathroom, and kitchen.
I'm just sharing the facts.
I happen to know of a great 4 bedroom thats for sale in the twenties, semi-attached, four bedrooms.. needs minimal work and a basement.. for 750.. You have to know the right agents, the right people, have friends looking out for you...

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 9:27 pm
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
Why do I need to know someone without an agent?

Agents tack on a fee. This amounts to many thousands of dollars which the seller will incorporate into the asking price. Without an agent, the asking price tends to be less.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:21 pm

Mid 7's are all either no parking or shared parking. I'd love to hear details of homes for these prices...

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:22 pm
Two houses in the 30s sold for 785 recently. Another one just sold for 799 . Another for 768, another for 769, another for 735... okay, so one of those didn't even have parking. Two of them had private parking. The rest had shared. Each totally move in condition, 3 bedrooms, semi-attached. A house nearby sold for 850, but that had a new roof, extension, four bathrooms, finished basement, etc.
Someone a few blocks away from me bought for 680... while some saw the house as a gut job, they saw it as an opportunity to buy, and they made it absolutely beautiful with a coat of paint, new floors, a 1st floor bathroom, and kitchen.
I'm just sharing the facts.
I happen to know of a great 4 bedroom thats for sale in the twenties, semi-attached, four bedrooms.. needs minimal work and a basement.. for 750.. You have to know the right agents, the right people, have friends looking out for you...

The 4 bedroom needs a basement? Or has a basement?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries