Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Car seat after Doona

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 12:33 pm
For those with experience, what type of car seat comes after the doona? I know it should face forward but that’s about it LOL
Any brand you recommend?
TIA!

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 12:39 pm
It should NOT face forward till 2 or ideally later

You are looking for a convertible car seat now

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 1:03 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

Well, good thing I asked then! What is a convertible car seat? Any recommendations?

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 1:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Well, good thing I asked then! What is a convertible car seat? Any recommendations?

I buy the cheapest and lightest which is Cosco Scenera, but there are tons of brands and models. Check out your local baby store

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 1:26 pm
Shouldn't face forward until 2. I'm assuming your child will grow out of the doona by age 1.
You need a convertible carseat that goes from rear to forward facing and then to booster as your child grows. The Graco Extend to Fit is awesome. I love it and so do my friends who have it. The extension piece helps keep your toddler comfortable while rear facing.

Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat | Ride Rear Facing Longer with Extend2Fit, Redmond, Amazon Exclusive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C.....psc=1

Persevere

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

I second this. They need to be rear-facing until at least 2. Preferably longer. Much lower risk of serious injury in case of serious accident. There are a lot of models of convertible car seats. You want to take into account the size of your child, the size of your car, budget, etc. There are websites where they go through more details of each and make recommendations. Would you be interested in a link? Alternatively, you could go to your local baby store and look around to find something you like. It is also very important to know how to install the car seat properly and buckle your child in properly. All of the car seats sold in the US should meet safety standards, but the safety standards won't help you if you are not using it correctly.

Okay I'm off my soapbox 🤪

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 3:46 pm
Ty all!!
YES I would like the link to the website mentioned above please… doesn’t hurt to get a better idea although I may go with Graco one
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics