Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I cant wash any more dishes!!!!!

ihyphenated

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 2:26 pm
I cant ever recover from shabbos to shabbos- even if I use plastics, the servingware alone kills me... (and I serve/cook in the same pots). I feel like I always have dirty dishes and by the time I get home from work, walking into the kitchen is too depressing for me to handle.....
DH and I have decided to get a dishwasher (he helps out ALOT with the dishes, so no complaints there... its too much for two people to handle!!)
but not untill after pesach.. not soon enough in my opinion! Rolling Eyes

louche

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 2:39 pm
congratulations on the new acquisition. enjoy it!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 2:51 pm
Why not before Pesach ? Get the kind that you can put on a timer, and use it first for yomtov.

ihyphenated

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 2:57 pm
that is.. ahem... a budgetary concern LOL

GAMZu

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 2:58 pm
Wow, enjoy!
You know, it's so much harder to do something when you know you will never have to do it again soon. Like when you are quitting a job you hate... the last week is a horror. LOL

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 3:02 pm
ah, you will move to the next hardship in dishwashing--

teaching the husband how to properly load a dishwasher!

congratulations, and good luck!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 3:09 pm
I didn't grow up with one, and we got ours almost 2 yrs ago. it's easy to learn.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 2:35 pm
when will you have the money? if it were me and it was a matter of a month or two, I'd charge it NOW.

ihyphenated

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 2:39 pm
its a matter of saving up for a bit or dipping into wedding money... charging a 500 dollar washing machine... eeks. that would make me nervous, seeing as my credit limit is about that much.... :-)

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 2:55 pm
Is it that much ? Surely there are model closer to $200, aren't there ? What kinds of bells and whistles do you need?

I'd rather have a simple machine and use it longer.

grin

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 3:06 pm
when we had 4 kids, I started using disposable dishes. as we had more kids, the disposables also increased. at a certain point, I realized that at that rate, dishwasher would pay for itself in 5 years - sure enough, it lasted me about 7 before it broke. now I'm back to disposables and washing the rest.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 4:03 pm
How much is a repair, Grin? Isn't it worth it?

ihyphenated

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 4:08 pm
CM, can you reccomend a brand and/or place that has good deals and will deliver to manhattan?
All the basic machines I looked at (PC richards, sears, amazon, even walmart) were around 400-500 dollars once I added in delivery..
We need to get one of the kinds that hooks up to the sink, no built-ins (building policy...)
For 200 dollars I'd buy one today!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 4:14 pm
I have no idea. I really thought they were less money.

I have a service cotract on mine, anyway.

grin

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 1:33 am
let's just say that dh repaired it to the point of no return - on the investment. It would have to be a new one.
NOt the end of the world - B"H my kids wash the floor and someitmes chip in wiht the dishes too.

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 5:36 am
you can always hire someone for Pesach to wash your dishes. Should only be about an hour or so at a time , and not expensive. Some people I know do this rather than buying plastics as it turns out cheaper in the long run.

mamacita

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 10:32 am
<<sigh>> I'd much rather clean toilets and whistle while doing it! gah. I also hate using dishes that were just washed (similar to when the baby throws up on the shirt that's fresh from the wash). It's never ending, like the slaves in Mitzrayim building brickwalls that sunk as they built. Bleh.

grin

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 10:57 am
I agree with the never-ending part but doens't that also apply to the washroom?
(Actually, I do plan to hire someone after Pesach to wash dishes - now, wiht the girls on vacation, it's less of a problme, not more.)

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 11:23 am
hey there are stores that sell with a nopayment/same as cash option ... you merely begin making 1st payment ... usually split into 12 installments ... and you get it before pesach ... (I did this with a washer/dryer set once) ... it works!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics