Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Brisket Fried Rice

Amarante

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 1:50 pm
I had some leftover pot roast and I thought why not?

This isn't an earth shattering recipe but it was a great way to use up my leftovers and the rice itself made for some good lunches

You need leftover rice for good fried rice so if you are planning to make any fried rice, make some extra rice. If you use fresh rice, the end result is too mushy.

The cookbook has some fun "twists" on traditional food - if anyone is interested in any of the recipes that is referenced, I would be happy to post.

BRISKET FRIED RICE

Excerpt From: Faith Kramer - 52 Shabbats.

Serves 4

I once attended a banquet celebrating the relationship between China and Israel. Organizers promised food reflecting both traditions, but the resulting menu just alternated between Chinese and Israeli specialties. What I craved was a mash-up of the flavors and cuisine, so I came up with this fried rice.

The flavor of the fried rice depends on well-seasoned and well-sauced meat, so the Pomegranate Molasses Brisket (page 38) with its sweet-tart, full flavor is a perfect choice, but any braised beef works well. Shred the meat from Spicy Beef Tzimmes (page 69), or try the fried rice with saucy braised or stewed poultry such as Pulled Turkey with Pomegranate Molasses (page 65).

This is one of the dishes I change up all the time depending on what vegetables I have in the house and my mood, so feel free to substitute or add vegetables as you see fit. It’s a great use for defrosted, frozen leftover brisket.

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon minced ginger
2 teaspoons minced garlic
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
½ cup chopped carrots
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup shelled fresh green peas or frozen
2 cups shredded or slivered cooked brisket or pot roast
2 to 3 tablespoons sauce from meat, optional
3 cups cooked long-grain white rice, at room temperature
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro”

In a 12-inch skillet or wok, heat the oil over high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper (if using) and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the carrots and celery and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the peas and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the brisket and sauce (if using) and cook, stirring frequently, until hot, 3 to 5 minutes.

Add the rice and cook, stirring and breaking up any clumps in the rice, until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the salt, black pepper, and green onions and stir until combined. Taste, and add more salt and/or black pepper, if desired.

Serve hot, drizzled with sesame oil and sprinkled with cilantro
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics