Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
2.5 year old can't talk yet, school and experience
Previous  1  2

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 11:44 pm
My son was the same and I sent him to regular Ed school in September. By the time he went back to school after sukkos, he was talking already. Does your child understand? If yes, he has the speech but not the articulation. Sometimes when they’re put in a position that they must learn to talk, they do so without intervention.

Mom of 7

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 11:44 pm
I also had a kid in Strivright. Their program is great and funded through early intervention and CPSE so there is no cost.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 11:47 pm
Wow thank you so much for all your responses.

blessed6

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:00 am
My just 3 year old is currently in Strivright and I can't recommend then highly enough! He was also delayed in speech, and there were processing delays alongside it. Initially I was told by someone in EI that he wouldn't be able to get in because he wouldn't qualify, but his speech and PT therapists encouraged me to try and he did eventually get approved by the CPSE. I would say you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying for Strivright, but your child would need to be approved by the CPSE and Strivright would need to have an open slot. Strivright is an incredibly warm, loving, supportive and encouraging place (an outside audiologist called it 'magical') and my son has really made progress in a the few months that he's been there.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:42 pm
Wow thank you! How do I start the process? I call strivright? Or I haveto wait for our Cpse Eval?

blessed6

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 10:35 pm
Be in touch with Strivright about the process, but your child will only be able to enroll after evaluated and approved by the CPSE. (I think Strivright can do the evaluation)

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 10:44 pm
If he doesn’t qualify for Striveright, maybe Yeled Vyalda?

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 10:54 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
If he doesn’t qualify for Striveright, maybe Yeled Vyalda?

How's the process for Yeled Vyalda?

graphic613

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 10:58 pm
I would ask the speech therapist for an opinion.
My 2.5 year old doesn't talk yet and other kids in the playgroup take advantage. Like they will steal a toy because they know he can't talk or something of that sort.

Mom++

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 11:10 pm
Depending on where you live, would it be possible to send him to an Early Head start center? It's 8 kids per class, with 2 teachers. Usually acceptance age is younger(they go till age 3) but they might make an exception because of his services. It's mainstream but small group so you child can get more time to develop his language.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 11:12 pm
amother [ Dahlia ] wrote:
How's the process for Yeled Vyalda?
Acceptance process? AFAIK, it’s income based and priority given to children who need services. Call 7186863700

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone had a child like this . What did you do? Any professionals that can weigh in

Had a child like this and he went to a small private cheder. What would I do different ? I would get more help! Because he's becoming barmitzvah in a few months and still has a speech delay!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics