Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cheap/activities Miami

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 10:28 pm
We're spending a lot in a private villa for winter break so we decided we will make our own food and get nothing more than pizza/sushi. Mykids ages don't care about expensive amusement parks and Disney (yet). I'm looking for activities for kids ages 2-10 that's free or cheap within 2hr drive Miami.
Any ideas besides playgrounds and beach?

Also, is there a quieter area of the beach with less pritzus?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 12:18 am
Following

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 9:01 pm
A beach is a beach.. people will be dressed accordingly, unless it's a colder day. In general there aren't empty beaches in the highly populated Miami area. If you go in the early morning or late afternoon you're more likely to encounter joggers than sunbathers.

There are some beautiful large parks like oleta (a state park). You can just explore or you can rent kayaks or bikes.

There's always 7-11!

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We're spending a lot in a private villa for winter break so we decided we will make our own food and get nothing more than pizza/sushi. Mykids ages don't care about expensive amusement parks and Disney (yet). I'm looking for activities for kids ages 2-10 that's free or cheap within 2hr drive Miami.
Any ideas besides playgrounds and beach?

Also, is there a quieter area of the beach with less pritzus?

Sure. Where are you actually staying? Miami Beach? Surfside? Palm Beach?

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:46 pm
We just did a vacation to surfside. We stayed at the Grand beach hotel which was almost entirely frum. Given that fact, the beach that leads off if it had basically no pritzus as it was filled with frum women wearing swim dresses and other tznius clothing. Not sure if you can go there if not part of the hotel but worth looking into.

jd1212

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:15 am
North Shore Park Beach was mostly empty in the late mornings we went to, and it had a lifeguard. Maybe saw 2 women in bikinis across the entire huge shoreline and we were able to have no one in sight while sitting on the sand. Had my husband look away for a min and then it was totally safe.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 4:35 am
The Adventura mall has a huge twirly slide that you ride down in burlap sacks. My kids love going there, they can do the slide a few dozen times in a row. You have to be a certain height to ride. My tall 7 year old just misses it.
In the same area there is a sprinkler park which the younger kids enjoy. We love going there as a free outing because there are things for both age groups to enjoy. You the parent, can sit in one place and see both areas I love that about this setup.

chelsealew

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:12 am
Crandon park Beach on key biscayne was pretty empty, and very pretty beach

egam

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:18 pm
We really like Fruit & Spice Park in Homestead.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 3:00 pm
Air boat Tours can be great for little and big kids, maybe not toddlers. (may be too wild for them)

Not very cheap.

I did this one.

https://www.viator.com/tours/F.....289P1

amother
DarkOrange

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 11:49 am
I've been to all the beaches mentioned and there are definitely times they are busy. So keep in mind that you may or may not have luck finding them on the empty side. If it's a day that people are off work or school, assume they will be crowded.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 11:51 am
You can expect beaches to be crowded all winter.
I was at Aventura Mall yesterday and the slide was in operation but the water fountains were not. I don't know if they only run in summer or if it depends on the outside temp.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 11:58 am
Delray Beach is much quieter than the other area beaches. When it’s in the 60s it’s practically empty, in the 70s and 80s there are ppl but still not busy especially if you walk further down. Bathrooms are a bit of a pain too have to go out across the street.
Gumbo limbo is in Boca and my kids that age love it. Like a very small aquarium and it’s suggested admission only.

adinalow

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 12:10 pm
Gumbo limbo was closed for covid. Not sure if they reopened.

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:06 pm
egam wrote:
We really like Fruit & Spice Park in Homestead.

Anyone have info on this
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics