Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
When a child is sick can they sleep on couch

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 5:27 pm
Or will it spread germs to the other kids and you have them only sleep in their bed?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:07 pm
I let them sleep wherever it's comfortable. In their room, they're probably more likely to spread whatever to their siblings anyway.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Or will it spread germs to the other kids and you have them only sleep in their bed?

When one is sick all are exposed. I let them lay on the couch and sleep on it to.

hodeez

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:09 pm
I let them sleep on the couch or my bed

cupcake123

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:11 pm
They sleep wherever they're most comfortable

happy chick

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:33 pm
Agree with everyone else. But I would like to add, that after a child who is sick sleeps on the couch, and everywhere else for that matter, it's a good idea to spray Lysol. I spray it on the couch and in the air. Germs are still all over, but less chance of spreading.

yOungM0mmy

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 8:18 pm
I bring them to the couch during the day so I'm near them, can see how they're doing, feel for temp, make sure they're drinking... and then when I go up to bed, they go up too. Over the last 2 weeks, I've had 2 kids sleep for 2 days straight, and they spent all day on the couch. DH also caught whatever was going around, but the rest of us didn't bh.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 8:21 pm
happy chick wrote:
Agree with everyone else. But I would like to add, that after a child who is sick sleeps on the couch, and everywhere else for that matter, it's a good idea to spray Lysol. I spray it on the couch and in the air. Germs are still all over, but less chance of spreading.

Interesting. I recently posted a thread asking about spraying Lysol on couches and everyone told me they don’t do that! Glad to hear sometime does.

I don’t let sick kids other than babies in my bed because I still nurse by baby at night and I don’t want to spread all those germs directly to her.

Miri1

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 8:58 pm
If possible I would lay a sheet over the couch.

amother
Crimson

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 11:35 pm
.deleted
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics