Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
I deleted my Instagram

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:27 am
I can’t believe it but I don’t even miss it for a second. Haven’t been on Instagram for a few weeks now and I feel like a different person. My head is clearer and I’m not living in a fantasy world where everyone else looks like they have an amazing perfect life. Instagram is so fake. Sorry for those of you that make a parnassah through it, but Instagram is a toxic place.

Btw took me months and months to work up the courage to delete it and I’m so happy I did

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:32 am
Do you want a medal? Here 🏅

Instagram isn’t toxic for me because I choose wisely who I follow and wht I do on there but if it was for you, good for u that you deleted it. Yay.

Dandelion21

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can’t believe it but I don’t even miss it for a second. Haven’t been on Instagram for a few weeks now and I feel like a different person. My head is clearer and I’m not living in a fantasy world where everyone else looks like they have an amazing perfect life. Instagram is so fake. Sorry for those of you that make a parnassah through it, but Instagram is a toxic place.

Btw took me months and months to work up the courage to delete it and I’m so happy I did

I'm happy for you ☺

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:37 am
HonesttoGod wrote:

Instagram isn’t toxic for me because I choose wisely who I follow and wht I do on there but if it was for you, good for u that you deleted it. Yay.

Was waiting for someone to post exactly what you said. 😁 I also chose wisely what I followed. Which was a total of 10 accounts. Still saw plenty of fakeness

ETA I also thought it wasn’t toxic for me

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:38 am
I find imamother more toxic than instagram. I was off for a few years, then got sucked back in ,... rah.

PSmommy

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:38 am
I'm so proud of you!

Everyone is on their own level and for some they need it... And for some it's better without it.
It really is a big step. I've been through this multiple times.
You do deserve a medal.

PSmommy

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:40 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I find imamother more toxic than instagram. I was off for a few years, then got sucked back in ,... rah.

Omg same!!!! Since everything here is Jewish I feel like I'm more likely to get sucked into this.
On Instagram I only follow a few accounts and have an app timer.
Here you can't do that and it's such a slippery slope. Such a time waster sometimes. (other times it's really helpful)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:44 am
HonesttoGod wrote:

Btw I didn’t come on here to judge or criticize anyone on insta. I was just there. Just wanted to encourage anyone thinking of deleting it that you won’t miss it after

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:45 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

I agree ima mother is a time waster and addictive, however I don’t find it toxic. It’s way more authentic than Instagram.

amother
Sunflower

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:47 am
I have learnt A LOT on imamother... not in a good way!
and yes I'm addicted..

amother
Lightcyan

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 10:28 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

I feel the same way

flowerpower

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 10:33 am
Good for you👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 10:41 am
Op I feel the same way! I also got off Instagram and am so much happier

amother
DarkGreen

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 10:45 am
Good for you OP! I got off Instagram a few months ago as well, and my life has changed so much for the better - my happiness level, my presence for my family, and especially my ruchnius! My head is not cluttered all day long with other people's superficiality and I find that I have a much deeper connection now with the spiritual.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 2:05 am
OP you deserve a medal! It’s a step for the better and pat yourself on your back.
I also deleted Instagram and I’m a different person.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 5:14 am
Well done op
I did this with fb about 8byears ago. Haven't looked back.
A few mths ago I joined insta for cooking sites but have begun following more and more (wigs, make up etc) it's not good for me. And I need to leave it now. Working on it as I know it's toxic for me.
Go you op

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 6:08 am
Imamother is different. There's no statuses that disspear in 24 hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media