Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Thank you cards

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 12:03 pm
I got a gift from my class. I am one of quite a few eighth grade teachers. the parents pooled together and got each teacher a gift card (approx 100). class of approx 20 girls. How do I go about thanking the parents?
handwritten thank you cards? and if yes, what would be a short heartfelt message that I could jot down? Thanks in advance...

smss

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 12:11 pm
I think that you can send out a group email. If you want to go the extra mile you can type it up, print out copies with names filled in, and send home with students.

Dear Parents,
Thank you so much for the thoughtful and generous Chanukah gift! It is such a pleasure teaching your daughters and seeing their growth this year. May we continue to see much nachas from them!
Sincerely,
______

zaq

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:04 pm
Photocopy a generic note and send home with the kids.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 5:06 pm
thanks.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 6:04 pm
As a teacher, I write personalized notes. It means a lot to them.

Complimenting their child.

I do it by email or whatsapp, not handwritten but always with a compliment about their child

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 6:06 pm
zaq wrote:
Photocopy a generic note and send home with the kids.

That's what my son's teacher did as well. I think its fine. Of course personal notes are nicer, but we all understand that teachers are busy

Mom/Bubby/Morah

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:52 pm
I wrote a short note to each parent and sent it home in their backpack . Most of my reacher friends do not. A printed note is more than fine. As one of my teacher friends say - you’re writing a thank you note for a thank you gift…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics