Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti vaccine Vs Anti Covid Vaccine
Previous  1  2

amother
Viola

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:27 pm
We are pro vaccine in general, but anti covid vax.
My kids receive all their immunizations on time.
None of us received the covid vax for multiple reasons, main one being the risks associated with it. There have been many many people who died from the vaccine and had lifelong injuries from it. The vaccine wasn't properly tested and hasn't been around long enough to see long term effects.

We all had covid bh (before the vaccine came out) and have natural immunity. Now covid is way more mild in general and definitely not worth the risks of the vaccine for a low-risk person. We got omicron recently and had very mild symptoms bh.

For kids specifically, covid is very mild and definitely not worth the risks of the vaccine.

miami85

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:36 pm
I'm not anti-vaccine. I've given all my kids all the vaccines--except for Covid.

They had Covid in October--the Delta Variant--and most of them were asymptomatic. Why should I give them a vaccine for a virus that didn't give them a fever, didn't make them miserable, if not for "quarantine rules" they probably wouldn't have missed school. Only my toddler actually had runny nose, cough and fever for a day or two.

I give the flu vaccine because 3-5 days of a feverish, not eating, miserable kid times as many kids in my household, is a recipe for a burnt out mommy. I mean we had that a few years ago--I got it first and it went through the household, the benefit of the flu vaccine was that I was sick for 2-3 days over a weekend, and by the time my kids got it most of them never got above a 99.9, slept for a day and went back to school.

I remember having the chicken pox--I was sick for 4 days, it was miserable, my mother couldn't stay home with me so I had to have babysitters. I was fortunate that my case was fairly mild but I still would not say it was pleasant--and I don't like to see my kids suffering when I can't do much for them. So I give them the vaccine to spare them the suffering.

But for Covid?? The one who was suffering was ME and my husband with 5 cabin-fever kids who were bouncing off the walls, driving each other crazy in our smallish house.

I got the two vaccines, and I still got it, it was mild, so why should I get myself a booster? So I can get it again and still be mild? I was less sick with Covid than when I was when I had the flu after my flu shot, why should I get a booster?

I don't like the one-size-fits-all approach to this virus. I don't like the "2nd class citizen" treatment to get the virus. I don't like that I can't get an epidural in the hospital without giving informed consent, but I'm supposed to roll over and roll up my sleeve to protect myself? from what? A bad head cold?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:41 pm
It's good I got a new insight from this bec. tll now I thought the whole vaccine theory debate was the same one we had for many years. I even thought that due to the pandemic that we want to stop some of those who anti reg vaccine are pro covid vaccine so the pandemic would end. I am now seeing that it's the other way around.

Btw as a side thing are all the other vaccines (chicken pox measles rubella etc) not mrna ?

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's good I got a new insight from this bec. tll now I thought the whole vaccine theory debate was the same one we had for many years. I even thought that due to the pandemic that we want to stop some of those who anti reg vaccine are pro covid vaccine so the pandemic would end. I am now seeing that it's the other way around.

Btw as a side thing are all the other vaccines (chicken pox measles rubella etc) not mrna ?

The covid vaccine is the first vaccine to use mRNA technology. It's never been used in any U.S. vaccines before.

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:58 pm
I delay vax and the reason why isn't due to autism. I dont even believe its linked to autism. But check out any vaccine insert and that will lead you down a rabbit hole of information.

I just read an obituary of a healthy baby boy who had one of his MMR shots and passed away the next day. Not a risk im willing to take for my baby.

And the only reason why I vax my baby is because I live in NY state.

Why is it ok for an anti covid vaxxer ok to doubt the vaccine but Im not allowed to doubt the garbage they put into our childrens shots?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:12 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
The covid vaccine is the first vaccine to use mRNA technology. It's never been used in any U.S. vaccines before.
So immunocompromised people don't take the other vaccines ?

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So immunocompromised people don't take the other vaccines ?

There's no blanket statement. Depends what their medical issues are. Sometimes they can have have all vaccines other than live vaccines (MMR, varicella). But that's a discussion they have with their immunologist.

skyeblue

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am not going to be too much involved in this post as I have heard about this topic over and over but there is one thing that was not clarified. Is the voice that is anti covid vaccine the same voice that is against all other vaccines that we heard for many years or is it diff ? Are the people who are anti this also anti that or you can find people who are pro covid anti reg. vaccine and vice versa. Is the reason of opposition the same ? (the reason I ask now is bec. with other vaccines I always heard autism.. and with covid I have heard heart issue.. change in genes.. fertility it's just a bit interesting that a new voice came out)

The arguments are definitely different. The COVID vaccine is not actually a vaccine; it's an experimental treatment that affects a person's genetic material (or so I heard) and that has not been sufficiently tested. It's also being implemented forcibly, and under very suspicious circumstances. The media, the liberal politicians, and the CDC has lost all credibility. (It's like the old AA joke about alcoholics: "How do you know this CNN host is lying?"
"His lips are moving.")
The COVID vaccine - the entire COVID pandemic, actually - is seriously scammy.

Furthermore, calling those people who are against only the COVID vaccine "anti-vaxxers" is part of the scam. It's a manipulative way of putting down, minimizing, painting as illogical and crazy, dismissing, and marginalizing those people who have made a rational decision to shun the COVID vaccine. By linking them to a fringe group that is seen to be crazy and illogical, the media manipulates public opinion.

(Having said that, it occured to me that calling anyone who has made a reasoned decision to avoid vaccines an "anti-vaxxer" is equally pejorative and marginalizing and dismissive. I guess I never noticed that before, since I have generally gone along with scheduled childhood vaccines and was apparently not sensitive enough to be bothered by this moniker being applied to other people.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics