Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Brocolli kugel for pesach?

pleaseadvice

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 10:38 pm
Anyone have a good recipe for brocolli kugel?

mom7270

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 10:44 pm
sorry we dont use broccoli on pesach... but im thinking eggs, mayo, potato starch and spices???

ceo

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 2:39 pm
Do you use matza meal?

In the regular "spice and spirit" cookbook (not the pesach one), there is a cauliflower kugel recipe. I have been making this with broccoli for a few years now, making it on pesach as well. I just leave out the corn flake crumb topping. send me a pm if you want me to post the recipe.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 2:54 pm
If you use broccoli and matzah meal, it seems like you'd just use the same basic recipe as usual.

poemmom

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 2:57 pm
You don't really need any matzo meal or starch. Easiest way is frozen Bodek broc. -- lay in one dense layer in pan.
Then mix up eggs, mayo, and spices (Though personally I hate ingredients in pesach mayo--- cottonseed oil, yuck!) and pour it all the way over. Bake about 35-45 min, about 350-- just enough to cook solid. (don't want to over do it if youll be reheating.

Lots of diff. herb combos will work, depending on what you plan to buy for pesach.
Good ones include onion powder and thyme, also nutmeg ( a little)
And of course salt and pepper.
You can also sprinkle some paprika on top before baking for color.

If you want to spend more time and make it a little better, you can first lightly saute the broc. with chopped onions in some olive oil.

imokay

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 7:46 pm
u can also make it in attractive round dish (oven to table kind) so it's pretty to serve- b/c it wont really cut well on its ownto hold up as pieces, but I do 1 bag frozen brocolli cuts; cooked, 2-3 eggs, heaping T. mayo, salt, some garlic powder, bit of ionion powder.
mix, pour, bake 350, about an hour.

u can do the same thing with spinach. dont even need to cook the spinach first, just defrost. for color, u can add some cut up tomato.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics