Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Jane Powertwin vs. Baby Jogger City Mini?

pappymom

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 10:04 pm
Any recommendations? Anyone who has either and can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. pros, cons, etc.?

yikes!

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 10:08 pm
I'm not familiar with the Baby Jogger but I do know that the Jane is far from compact! You'll have trouble putting it in your trunk.

pappymom

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 10:11 pm
We're getting a mini van though. that'll probably help that problem

amother

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 10:12 pm
I was told that the Citi Mini series is more like traveling strollers. The wear and tear on them are not too good, but they are lightweight. The seats are kinda small.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 12:24 am
I wouldn't get a side by side. It's just impossible to fit anywhere! (Store aisles, crowded pizza shops... I just place my stroller flush against our table while all the Mountain Buggies are blocking everyone's path.)

There were countless occasions where I patted myself on the back for choosing a tandem. (I don't have the one you are asking about.) Just my point of view.

Miss Missie

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 12:42 am
Which tandem do you have? Isn't it very hard to push?

GAMZu

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 12:47 am
I have the Kolcraft Contours.

Yeah, it's a bit hard until you get used to it. Tandems are harder to push than side by sides. But when I see all the poor babies left alone outside of stores... And I know I would never leave my kids at the front of any store in a stroller. So I just wouldn't be able to shop in most BP stores. Sooo not worth it for me.

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 2:29 am
DD bought this Jane

and we are real happy with it. She doesn't have a car but throws it into her brother's trunk. It is much easier with twin babies to take them out and leave them in the car seats when getting into a bus or cab. It is narrower too. She had a Perego tandem and it was impossibly heavy and awkward. This changes to seats that face forward.

Last edited by Imaonwheels on Mon, Mar 24 2008, 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

GAMZu

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 9:58 am
I saw that online- is there enough room for the kids? it seems like one is on top of the other. And when it's in the sitting position, it looks like one is sitting in the other's lap. How is it IRL?

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 10:48 am
Changed the pic. We bought the newer 3 wheel. Our 3 mo old twins fit just fine with room to spare. The car chairs are for up to 6 mos. The both stroller chairs are same height.

BTW, its long but so are all tandems.

happymom

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 10:57 am
I have the jane and im happy with it. its actually easy to fit in the car trunk

amother

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 6:28 pm
imaonwheels, where did you get your Jane? The ones that they sell in the US are diff; very plane and only in blue, black and red. Did u get yours in the UK? (they have more variety withthe jane over there)We're having twins IYH and I'm looking for a nide stroller that also goes as a snap and go.

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 6:46 pm
Ours is not orange, it is navy blue. We got it used for 2000 shekel. That pic iis an illustration of the model we have from a store site.

cl

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 7:04 pm
I also bought my jane 2nd hand - prob 2 or 3 years old, in beige/sand colours and I adore this stroller
I dont use it all the time as my older son is 3 and doesnt need it for shorter trips but I always use it for the mall where he will get tired an it is as narrow as a regular stroller an if u park side-by-side to a single 3-wheeler stroller its maybe a couple of inches longer - thats it.
I found it folded quite compact, the only difficulty for me is to lift it into the back of the car I find it a bit heavy. If u have a really small car u can pop the front wheel off in seconds.
I have only 1 car seat an my baby is a large 8months an is only now beginning to grow out of it.
It also pushes / turns / handles beautifully. I even use it when I jog in the park.

newmom

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 10:05 pm
Gamzu- is your older child small? I tried out that stroller but my 2 yo was just too big for it. Shame because I really liked it.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 11:59 am
the stores say the jane isnt good. some say it tips over in the front

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 2:07 pm
We have had no such problem

avimom

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 2:15 pm
please let me know which one you end up with, I have the same question...

smoms

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 2:41 pm
I have the jane. I love it . it steers great. yes, the seats are small, but the 'encasement' of it can be turned backwards for more headroom. (lots of people are not aware of that and thats why they say child doesn't fit.) The encasement, I assume is there for a younger baby so that the head doesn't flop.
We used to pop the front wheel off to fit this into the trunk of our little focus.
re: tipping over: if the older child is in the back (yes, my toddler loved the back, it was cozy..) and is much heavier than the 10 pound baby in the front, it will tip over if you let go. Or if you have 10 shopping bags hanging on the back... once you get the hang of it- it shouldn't be a problem.
another advantage - toddler doesn't tease the baby. Although kicking is an issue..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics