Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Keto and shabbas

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:09 pm
The problem is not kugel, nor cholent,
What to do about challah?
I dont bake well, I'm not make some keto rolls.
Should I simply not wash?

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 11:28 am
I just don’t wash. That said, I asked my rav I speak to for complicated things, and since I never cheat, ever because I can’t take a chance if losing my control, he even gave me a heter for matzah.

I understand that it’s not an obligation to eat challah on Shabbat or yom Tov, only at Seders. Yes, it’s a mitzvah. With my heter, and because I will be doing this forever, my mitzvah is not to eat it. Without a heter, I understand you aren’t doing an aveira, you just are doing less mitzvot. Pesach though, might have a different status.

If you are planning cheats and planning to go in and off or whatever, they’ll probably tell you to eat the minimum. Just wanting to lose weight for a while probably isn’t good enough for a heter. Medical situations are different.

For the record, I didn’t talk to a rabbi until pesach was coming because I was willing to not do the mitzvah. By the end of the first two days I understood that my life depended on it which was good enough for me. Once I knew I had to deal with pesach, I took it to my rav.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:02 pm
Obviously that is the solution.

I'm not a rav and I dont know if it's okay for everyone, but strictly speaking if you want to stay in ketosis, you cant eat challah

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:58 pm
I buy sliced keto bread. Arnold's makes with a hechsher.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise