Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
S/o coming downstairs for meal train
Previous  1  2

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:11 am
I personally like to hole up in my bed and recover without seeing anyone for the first couple of weeks. My sil is the opposite. 2 days after her baby was born, she was downstairs hosting all her friends for the sholom zochor.
Some people like being able to talk and see other humans and the neighbors were offering that opportunity. If you want to be able to recount your birth story to another person who will be sympathetic and make oohs in the right places and hasn't heard it before, this is a great time.

amother
Dill

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:18 am
I think you do you! It’s nice they asked, and they’re happy to just receive a text of thanks!

After I gave birth to my first, dh bro travelled from an hour away with 10+ kids without asking us first on a mtzsh at 10pm. Unfortunately both baby and I were really not doing well. My baby was preemie but bh very stable, so we were home for nights but took baby to hospital during the day. I was very sick, so when they called they’re outside 10+ ppl I said no. I couldnt have other kids/ppl around a preemie, didn’t want germs around, it was already 10pm, I had nothing to offer them all to eat and was simply very incapable of getting up. I was desperate to sleep and couldn’t fathom getting out of bed, unfortunately I wasn’t well enough to be in a sitting position and I didn’t have the energy to stand. Yes I felt bad that they travelled and they were extremely offended that I wouldn’t let their kids all have a turn to hold baby after they promised their kids, but there was no way it was going to work and both I and baby were told to be careful of germs. It’s a shame they didn’t ask before showing up. (We never really had much to do with them before, and I’ve seen them once since - several years back!)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette