Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What needs to change in this schedule

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:24 am
My baby is 7m. Please tell me what I should try to skip/shorten etc. It's hard to give exact times because every nap/sleep is a struggle and till baby falls asleep...

Wakes at 9am
Nap at 10 for around 1 hr
Nap at 12:30 for 1-2 hrs
Nap at 4 for 1-2 hrs
Put to sleep at 7 but makes it as a nap and up until around 10.

This schedule formed based on cues. Baby definitely needs the naps.

Thanks in advance!

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:29 am
Every baby is different but 3 naps at this age seems like a lot. And she’s napping so close to waking up. When does she eat or play?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:32 am
Seems like a lot of napping! Try feeding (idk if you're doing solids yet but I would say you should at least try) during wake times to stretch the wake times out.

If your baby is really tired, they'll fall asleep pretty quick and it won't be a struggle.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:39 am
There's 2 hour wake time between naps. Already giving solids. Which nap do I cut?

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:40 am
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
Seems like a lot of napping! Try feeding (idk if you're doing solids yet but I would say you should at least try) during wake times to stretch the wake times out.

If your baby is really tired, they'll fall asleep pretty quick and it won't be a struggle.

She wakes at 9 then naps at 10. Can you push it back a bit?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There's 2 hour wake time between naps. Already giving solids. Which nap do I cut?

I wouldn't just cut out a nap. I would try to stretch the time he/she is awake. So once baby starts getting a little kvetchy, feed solids and/or bottle, take him/her for a walk, play on the floor with him/her. And try to aim for 1 nap in the am and 1 in the pm. Maybe 10:30/11 and then 1:30/2? And then hopefully he/she will be nice and tired at 7pm and will sleep through the night. But he/she might wake up earlier than 9am.

mushkamothers

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby is 7m. Please tell me what I should try to skip/shorten etc. It's hard to give exact times because every nap/sleep is a struggle and till baby falls asleep...

Wakes at 9am
Nap at 10 for around 1 hr
Nap at 12:30 for 1-2 hrs
Nap at 4 for 1-2 hrs
Put to sleep at 7 but makes it as a nap and up until around 10.

This schedule formed based on cues. Baby definitely needs the naps.

Thanks in advance!

The reason bedtime isn't working is because those hours of sleep are happening at 4pm. Everything looks good except for this nap. At 4pm you wake up after 45 minutes. It's supposed to just be a catnap. The "baby Whisperer EASY" schedules are very good to Google for ideas on gently creating a rhythm.

stillnewlywed

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:51 am
Waaaay too much sleep and way too little time awake.
Most 7 month olds are heading to 2 naps, and even if they are on 3 naps the last nap is a cat nap.
You definitely don't need a nap 1 hour after wakeup! That's for a newborn. And minimum 3 hours before bed at this age, most kids can handle closer to 4.
You should do something like this:
Wake 8 am
Nap 10 am - 12 pm
Nap 3 pm - 4 pm
Bedtime 8 pm

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:54 am
If they need the naps they won't have a hard time falling asleep. After a night's sleep they shouldn't be going back to sleep an hour later. Are you sure you're reading the cues right? Maybe they're bored or hungry and not tired? I would skip the morning nap, make the noon time nap a drop earlier eg 11:30 - 1:30 then the afternoon nap just an hour not two. When they wake up in the afternoon, make a fun time, take them out or play properly and then supper, bath, should be tired enough to sleep properly.

Make sure that in the day they nap in light and at night in a dark room. Keeping them in a dark room from 7-7 will help them feel routine.

leilatov1

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:02 am
My 7month old wakes at 7.30 naps 9.45/10-11.30/12, naps again 2.30-3.30 and goes to bed at 7. He sometimes will I only sleep for 20 mins in the afternoon which is frustrating

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 7:34 pm
Thanks all for your replies. Will try to rearrange nap times.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics