Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What age is considered too old to see parents undressed?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 12:59 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
And why does it disturb you so much to have this memory? I'm truly curious about this topic like I said.

To have what memory? All I said is that I remember events from when I was two- I'm glad I don't remember seeing my mother naked. There were other posters who said they do have memories of seeing their mother naked and I can understand why that's disturbing.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:01 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
To have what memory? All I said is that I remember events from when I was two- I'm glad I don't remember seeing my mother naked. There were other posters who said they do have memories of seeing their mother naked and I can understand why that's disturbing.

Yeah sorry, I changed who I responded to.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 2:02 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
And why does it disturb you so much to have this memory? I'm truly curious about this topic like I said.

I don’t have any memories like this, but I would assume it’s for the same reason it would be disturbing to see it when older. There isn’t that much of a difference between seeing something like this now and seeing it in my mind’s eye as a memory. If it’s disturbing for a 12 year old to see their parent like that, it is equally disturbing for the to see that image in their head. After all, whatever you see now, will just be a memory as soon as you stop looking.

Last edited by amother on Mon, May 30 2022, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 9:21 am
European here. MO if that makes a difference. My parents were comfortable being naked in front of kids, dressing, bathing etc. I became overly sensitive as I matured which doesn't make sense with all the nudity around. . This thread has been interesting as I had thought this was normal but I see it wasnt. The memories are not good. I actually need to explore this with a therapist!

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 9:25 am
I have few distinct, strong memories from when I was 2. I'm thankful they don't include my parents being undressed!!

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 3:35 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I don’t have any memories like this, but I would assume it’s for the same reason it would be disturbing to see it when older. There isn’t that much of a difference between seeing something like this now and seeing it in my mind’s eye as a memory. If it’s disturbing for a 12 year old to see their parent like that, it is equally disturbing for the to see that image in their head. After all, whatever you see now, will just be a memory as soon as you stop looking.

Ok, so you're saying there's nothing about them being 2.

I did see my mother naked when I was older and I don't find that memory disturbing. I guess I'm kind of wondering what would make it disturbing. That you don't usually see her that way so it's strange? and you don't see other women that way? Fear that one day you too will look older?

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 4:18 pm
Are we talking naked-naked or going to Loehmann’s?
Let me start by saying I don’t have sons or brothers.
I will definitely wear a t-shirt and tights or spanks and change my skirt in front of DDs. (She is post sem. And knows to much and I would never want her to see white or colored underwear) Or a skirt and bra and change my sweater (but probably facing a wall. After DH leaves for shul in the morning, she will wear a bra and tights to come and ask me a question or try dressed on for me. (Other DD is just more private- which is fine too and the little ones are somewhere between). It is like sleep-away camp in my house.
Definitely went to the pool with my mom when I was a teen (before Svimglides (Or Shrimpclydes) existed).

I don’t think I am scarred from my mom or my DDs are scarred either.

amother
Stone

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 4:22 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
Are we talking naked-naked or going to Loehmann’s?
Let me start by saying I don’t have sons or brothers.
I will definitely wear a t-shirt and tights or spanks and change my skirt in front of DDs. (She is post sem. And knows to much and I would never want her to see white or colored underwear) Or a skirt and bra and change my sweater (but probably facing a wall. After DH leaves for shul in the morning, she will wear a bra and tights to come and ask me a question or try dressed on for me. (Other DD is just more private- which is fine too and the little ones are somewhere between). It is like sleep-away camp in my house.
Definitely went to the pool with my mom when I was a teen (before Svimglides (Or Shrimpclydes) existed).

I don’t think I am scarred from my mom or my DDs are scarred either.

LOL LOL I love you

amother
Stone

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 4:25 pm
We don’t think so much into it or make a big deal out of it.

We try to be discreet and sometimes occasions present themselves where one is more exposed than others.

We don’t dance Stark naked in front of our children but we don’t set rules about ages and stages either.

We take life easy.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 4:42 pm
amother [ Bottlebrush ] wrote:
European here. MO if that makes a difference. My parents were comfortable being naked in front of kids, dressing, bathing etc. I became overly sensitive as I matured which doesn't make sense with all the nudity around. . This thread has been interesting as I had thought this was normal but I see it wasnt. The memories are not good. I actually need to explore this with a therapist!

Need to add that it depends on personalities and relationships. I identify their naked bodies with their over confident personalities strutting around naked. I don't identify it with their warm and loving personalities which they also have. Being naked was threatening. Dressing normally was more acceptable.

Please don't tear my post apart. It happens to be something I've wanted to discuss for a long time.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 5:30 pm
I'm surprised so many (mainly on page1) said never. Honestly, you never came home from work with a crying 1.5 (or even 2.5) year old that doesn't want to leave the room while you change from work clothes to a t-shirt? Or pj's to clothes?

To answer OP. I tried closer to 3 as DC was talking and going to school. and no, I was not naked. Slip/underwear on, but I did take off shell/topnto change to a tee.

tichellady

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 6:18 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:

Im also curious. I remember seeing my mom undressed but don’t find it weird. I was a little kid. It was my mom. Nothing troubling to me

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 6:27 pm
tichellady wrote:
Im also curious. I remember seeing my mom undressed but don’t find it weird. I was a little kid. It was my mom. Nothing troubling to me

I wasn't a little kid. That's why it disturbed me. She would come out of the bedroom naked, use bathroom and then sibs and I were able to talk to her while she was taking a bath. No time later, I suppose.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 6:53 pm
I wish! Tell me how to get my 3.5 year old daughter out of the room while I change tops short of picking her up and locking her out of the room.
I don't have time for a whole tantrum each time I change my shirt. She generally will turn around nicely.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics