Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Instagram question - please help

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:47 am
I made an instagram account a few years back only because it was the easiest way to look at samples from a cake maker I was ordering from for a special occasion. Other than that, never use it.

Now I went on a few days ago to get some ideas for kitchen remodeling, after exhausting Pinterest and Houzz. My designer is anxious for me to send her ideas of what I like. Whenever I saw something I liked on Instagram I clicked the heart. Now I just went back on and I don't see any way to pull up all the things I put a heart by, or find my search history or any way to pull up all the stuff I liked.

Is there a way to do this and not have to start all over again?

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:54 am
Yes there is a way to find your liked posts I’ve done it before but don’t remember how

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:54 am
There’s a little bookmark option on the bottom left corner, that will save your finds for later.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:00 pm
SuperWify wrote:
There’s a little bookmark option on the bottom left corner, that will save your finds for later.

But there is no bottom. I scroll down, and scroll down, and scroll down.... and there is just more and more feed.... kind of like FB. It never ends.

Momafewx

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:06 pm
Bookmarking for future is easier
To find pictures that you liked:
Go to your profile page
Click menu in top right corner
Click "your activity"
Click "interactions"
Click "likes "
A page of all your liked pics should be there

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:13 pm
There’s also a save icon. You can create a folder (like decorating) and save to that collection. Then you can pull up the collection to show her.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:55 pm
Momafewx wrote:
Bookmarking for future is easier
To find pictures that you liked:
Go to your profile page
Click menu in top right corner
Click "your activity"
Click "interactions"
Click "likes "

A page of all your liked pics should be there

Not finding any of this on my profile page.

On my profile page I see my icon/photo and next to it my name and next to that an edit profile button. The a ring that when you click brings up a menu with "change password", "QR code", "Notifications", "privacy & security", etc. Below my name it says: 0 posts/ 55 followers/ 31 following.

Don't see any other kind of menus or options.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:56 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
There’s also a save icon. You can create a folder (like decorating) and save to that collection. Then you can pull up the collection to show her.

Will try this going forward but I already spent a couple hours going through stuff and clicking that little heart on the corner of pictures I liked. Very upset I can't access any of it.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

On my profile page I see my icon/photo and next to it my name and next to that an edit profile button. The a ring that when you click brings up a menu with "change password", "QR code", "Notifications", "privacy & security", etc. Below my name it says: 0 posts/ 55 followers/ 31 following.

I don't know what phone you have but I have an android. On my profile page top right hand corner there is a small icon that has 3 lines. You click on it, choose "settings" then choose "account" and then scroll down the options almost till the bottom and it should have an option "posts you've liked".

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:07 pm
asmileaday wrote:
I don't know what phone you have but I have an android. On my profile page top right hand corner there is a small icon that has 3 lines. You click on it, choose "settings" then choose "account" and then scroll down the options almost till the bottom and it should have an option "posts you've liked".

I'm on my laptop. (It's a Mac).

asmileaday

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm on my laptop. (It's a Mac).

Oh, then I don't know. Do you have any settings option?

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Will try this going forward but I already spent a couple hours going through stuff and clicking that little heart on the corner of pictures I liked. Very upset I can't access any of it.

The little heart is on the left hand corner. On the right hand bottom corner of each post there is a little bookmark icon. That’s the one you’re supposed to click if you want to save posts to look at later.

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It’s possible this is only an option on the app. There is a way to find all the posts you liked.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:27 pm
OK, so I put the instagram ap on my phone and now I see where I can track my history but since I did it on my laptop and not the phone, it's not there (even though I was logged in to same account). GRRRR!!!!

Guess that's that. So annoying.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OK, so I put the instagram ap on my phone and now I see where I can track my history but since I did it on my laptop and not the phone, it's not there (even though I was logged in to same account). GRRRR!!!!

Guess that's that. So annoying.

I think history and liked posts are 2 different things. You should still be able to find liked posts. Check every option.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media