Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Need therapist in Lakewood teenager cutting

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 12:00 pm
Hi
Can anyone recommend a good therapist in Lakewood to help a teenage girl who I just found out is cutting herself, preferably someone that would take jersey care
Thank you

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 12:31 pm
Try chemed or lcsc. They take Jersey care

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 12:33 pm
I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this.

Call Nesivos. They have a lot of experience with teenagers doing all kinds of things. They recommended the perfect therapist for my dd. They also have lots of resources for you.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 1:23 pm
Thank you
Does relief deal with this?

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 2:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you
Does relief deal with this?

Yes relief can also help, but they don't usually have recommendations that take insurance.

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 2:27 pm
Shani Weinstein in chemed is experienced and very good with teenagers.
There are others.
Call chemed and lcsc asap. They will give you a time for intake appointment. Once that is done, clinical director will recommend one of their therapist. You can then find out if it's the right fit for your DD.
There could be a waiting list of 2-3 months so it's very important to get on list as soon as you can.
If waiting list is too long and/or you want to pay out of pocket, you can call relief for suggestions.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 2:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi
Can anyone recommend a good therapist in Lakewood to help a teenage girl who I just found out is cutting herself, preferably someone that would take jersey care
Thank you

If you can get into her, Yami Breitowitz (in Chemed) is considered tops for teens.

amother
Peony

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 3:00 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]Hi
Thank you[

I unfortunately cant help with a recommendation since I'm not from lakewood but I saw the title of this thread and just wanted to give you chizzuk and let you to know that my best friend in high school was cutting herself all over, upper arms, legs, even wrists at one point, and BH it is now 20 years later and she has 7 kids, still living a kollel life in Israel (her husband is a maggod shiur and she handles the pressure of hosting bochrim every shabbos to boot, something I cant do!) , and is an amazing healthy person inside and out. This is a rough time but imyh she will be ok, hatzlacha!!

tree of life

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 3:57 pm
https://amudim.org/contact-us/
Hatzlacha

CPenzias

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 10:22 pm
Look into perform care as well.
Hatzlacha. It's not easy having teens

amother
Tealblue

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 11:30 pm
Nina Kaweblum

amother
Iris

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 11:33 pm
If this is new (and even if it isn’t) please have her checked for Lyme, it can seriously mess with the nervous system
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children