Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Filtering options - YouTube

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 7:33 am
I've just purchased a new laptop and looking into filtering options.

Is it possible to part-block YouTube? I don't open access but I don't want to be able to access some videos. Would I need to choose a specific channel or can it filter out based on content type?

All advice appreciated.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 7:57 am
YES. Techloq is an amazing filter. It costs around $120 a year but if you need a good filter that is fast and has amazing service it is very worth it. You basically decide which categories you want blocked in general and you can always request access and they answer within a minute usually. I find sometimes it's automatic and sometimes not. Like I think if I request access to a news article it will automatically let but something blocked for more sensitive reasons might be rejected. They have very good customer support and answer emails. For you tube its a separate thing - you can unblock you tube and block certain categories of videos. Works great for me. Doesn't slow down my internet.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 7:59 am
They also have skin block which is amazing - especially for men who want to do regular online stuff without seeing not-tznius women everywhere. I have skin block turned off for frum sites and shopping which I find annoying.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 8:00 am
If I use Techloq, does it have to be through my local TAG? I don't want my kids' school checking exactly what I do and don't have access to, especially as I have specific medical needs that requires I have access to specific sites which I don't need them being privy to.

Hidden

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 8:56 am
I have techloq and I didn't do it through TAG.

Google it and you can download in on your own.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 10:08 am
Thanks, Hidden! That's very helpful.

Jasmine, will the skin-block impact videos and photographs as well, or is downloaded content not impacted?

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 1:33 pm
I think you can get it without tag.

The skinblock does not affect videos at all. Images - it depends what. If it is any image on a website which is skin blocked then if you download that image it will have skinblock but it doesn't affect emailed images, etc. Also there's a little techloq logo in the corner of every page where you can request to change the filter options for a specific page and ask to turn off skin block for that page either temp. or permanent.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 1:34 pm
Also I unblocked skin-block from google images because I needed it for college. but if you click the image it will still do skinblock.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 1:56 pm
Does techloq allow me to block only [filth] or dirty sites?

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 2:34 pm
I have gentech. You can block out categories. Whatever you'd like.
They give you list of categories and you tell them if they should leave it open or closed.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 3:19 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Does techloq allow me to block only [filth] or dirty sites?

I believe so. You choose which categories to allow or block.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics