Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Not overdoing

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 6:35 pm
Tisha b'av is, obviously, a horribly sad day and we want and need to feel it. But DD2 (who is a young adult) has at times taken it so far that she scares me. She has become utterly heartbroken, and has cried hysterically for hours. This is not healthy. She doesn't do it every year but some, amd as a result I tend to downplay tisha b'av to keep her ok. She is not like this at any other time.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 7:22 pm
If she doesn’t do it any other time, why is it not healthy? To be heartbroken for one day a year is fine

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 7:39 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
If she doesn’t do it any other time, why is it not healthy? To be heartbroken for one day a year is fine

I suppose I am not describing it well. She is heartbroken to a degree that feels frightening.

tree of life

Post Sat, Aug 06 2022, 4:31 pm
If u are ever in doubt with your kids ask your doctor if there is something to worry about

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 2:10 am
Are you sure she's not putting on an act because she's been told that she should be heartbroken, or because it's become a "thing" in her crowd, to show how frum they are?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note