Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Best diapers for overnight

tzatza

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 10:05 am
DS is almost 17 months old and during the day he wears Size 5 Luvs or Pampers, or Huggies (whatever is available Very Happy ). No problem with either. However, night time is different. He sleeps for 11-12 hours. I tried changing the diaper before going to bed; putting two diapers on, etc. He wakes up soaking wet. Any suggestions?

lovingima

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 10:34 am
I have the same problem. I use luvz during the day and find that with pampers overnight he doesn't leak if it's dirty, but soaks thru and with luvz he doesn't leak wet, just dirty. I was going to try a bigger size of pampers at night. someone told me huggies overnights work well but they're not so easy to find. Good luck!

Twizzlers

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 10:38 am
ds wears size 4 during the day, and I put him in a 5 at nite. it usually helps, unless he had a ton to drink right before bed.

oh, and I use huggies

lovingima

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 10:44 am
another thing-I always give my son a cup of milk before bed while I read to him, I started now to give it earlier so I can change him one more time before bed.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 10:50 am
Huggies overnights work the best for us, but even so there is the occaisional leak-through. I think it's something that just happens. If it's happening every night for you, maybe try going up one size? Not sure what else to suggest.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 10:53 am
I have teh same issue. I've tried EVERY SINGLE DIAPER UNDER THE SUN. I've tried doubling Huggies overnight with size 7 cruisers. Doubling 2 size 7 cruisers. Goodnites with Size 7 cruisers. he wakes up soaked regardless. I'm stuck.

ArthurDent

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 11:05 am
I've always had good results with Huggies Overnites. But I've heard that for older children, there can be more accidents (I guess they hold more fluids). One suggestion I've read is to get a diaper insert which is often used by mothers who cloth diaper their baby. It's something that you insert into the cloth diaper to make it absorb more liquid. I've heard of moms who double up the insert and add it to a Huggies Overnite diaper to make it an ultimate absorption diaper. Ask one of the cloth diaper mommies what the exact name is.

flowerpower

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 11:05 am
Huggies is great!

tzatza

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 11:32 am
If I decide to go with Huggies Overnites, should I take one size bigger than he wears during the day?

TightRopeWalker

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 1:27 pm
My son hated the Huggies Overnites. He kept complaining they were uncomfortable. The front is harder than a normal diaper to help with the absorption. We finally gave up, and had to deal with the occasional leak. He is now wearing the Goodnites and does fine most nights.

ArthurDent

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 1:32 pm
tzatza wrote:
If I decide to go with Huggies Overnites, should I take one size bigger than he wears during the day?

It probably wouldn't hurt, as there is a lot of overlap between sizes anyways. If your child is a big leaker, then it could help. But my daughter seems fine with the same size that she wears during the day (plus, you get more diapers per bag with smaller sizes).

Zeeskeit

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 11:56 am
Same issue here with my 18 mo dd....Wow! Thought I was the only one...I started changing her before I go to bed....Sometimes she basically sleeps right through it....Sometimes she wakes up even before I go into her room so I change it then....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics