Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Burgers

N'sMom

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 8:52 pm
I am (if I say so myself) a good cook but my burgers are never as juicy as I want them. How does one get them juicy if you don't want them underdone?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:05 pm
How are you making them, on the stove, grill?

cupcake123

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:07 pm
How are you making them ?
Best is just ground beef and salt nothing else

N'sMom

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:09 pm
ra_mom wrote:
How are you making them, on the stove, grill?

I usually broil them but sometimes at thos time of year I make them on a grill. And all I put in is beef and garlic powder. Not even salt. (Kosher meat is salty enough!)

polka dots

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:11 pm
kosher.com had on one show how they do it. It looked delish, didn't try it though

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:12 pm
N'sMom wrote:
I usually broil them but sometimes at thos time of year I make them on a grill. And all I put in is beef and garlic powder. Not even salt. (Kosher meat is salty enough!)

https://youtu.be/NBuXH2S-7qg

mha3484

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:12 pm
My kids love smash burgers. https://smittenkitchen.com/201.....rger/

emzod42

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:27 pm
I like this Jamie Geller recipe:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/j.....rger/
I chop the onions fine in the food processor, sauteed, and mix into the meat before I make patties.

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:11 pm
I just made burgers and wondered the same thing. I wonder if it was the quality of what I started with though, it was pre-made patties from a frozen package that I defrosted before cooking. I don't remember having tough burgers when I made them from scratch. I used a grill pan on the stovetop. Maybe I'll try the broiler next time.

SG18

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:04 am
We do ground beef with spices- a little salt, a little pepper, a little paprika, oregano. Mix 1-2 eggs with breadcrumbs. Let it sit until the breadcrumbs absorb all of the egg. Then mix the meat into the breadcrumbs, a little at a time.
Also, don't make them too thin.

socialbutterfly

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:29 am
If you want juicy, do not, I repeat, do not buy lean ground beef. You need a little fat. Spicing you should be able to put in whatever you want. Often simpler is better. We add some honey, I think that might help with the burger staying together and keeping it moist. I recommend grilling it on the stove—we use a cast iron pan. Comes out delicious.

dovebird

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:36 am
Make sure you let them sit a bit when you take them out of the fridge so they aren't cold when you cook them.

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:56 am
Burgers need fat to keep it juicy.
Use non lean ground meat.
Don't overmix the mixture, when smushing the meat too much it takes out all the air between the meat and creates a more dense dry patty.
I many times don't even do any flavoring as the mixing isn't so good, just lightly form into burgers and then dip the outside into salt and pepper for a peppercrust.
When grilling, grill until slightly pink inside and then let it rest once you take it off the grill, DO NOT pierce it with a fork until ready to eat as all the juice will come out.
Let it rest for about 5 min and you will have the juiciest burger ever.

Olive

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 12:20 pm
I started using a meat thermometer to avoid overlooking " just to make sure". My burgers are way better now, I didn't know how badly I overcooked them until now.

Simple1

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:56 pm
I have a similar problem. But I would say, don’t overcook it. I’m going to try using not lean beef and see if that helps. I started cutting the mound of meat into portions and lightly pressing each piece into burgers, and sprinkle with spice. That way it’s not over mixed, and it’s easy to do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics