Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
I have loads of mini sweet peppers

simplesima

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 12:39 pm
and my friend is making a shalesh suedos anyone have a recipe that I can use it for. I also have 3 ripe avocados maybe I can do a salad w/them ideas please

pinktichel

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 12:52 pm
My sis-in-law frequents someones Shabbos table where they put them on a platter with dip in the middle and they are devoured.

cookielady

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 1:25 pm
I roast them in the oven until blackened, then wrap it in foil for 30 min. open foil and skin should just slide off. I then cut into little peices and mix with a few cloves of garlic minced, a splach of evo and a splash of balsamic vinegar and a dash of salt. It's really delicious.

You can also puree this for a roasted pepper dip.

Pizza

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 2:14 pm
If they are mini peppers, they are meant to be stuffed. If you cut them up or roast them it is a waste of the cute little peppers. You can stuff them with meat or tuna or veggies - just make sure you add fried oions nad you are fail-proof!!

ss321

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 2:51 pm
cookielady wrote:
I roast them in the oven until blackened, then wrap it in foil for 30 min. open foil and skin should just slide off. I then cut into little peices and mix with a few cloves of garlic minced, a splach of evo and a splash of balsamic vinegar and a dash of salt. It's really delicious.

You can also puree this for a roasted pepper dip.

I do kindof the same thing, except my "sauce" /marinade is a bit different - white vinegar with a drop (tbsp) of red wine vinegar and sugar. Ive also pureed the leftovers and it also makes a really yummy dip Smile

also just a suggestion - if you do any sort of these roasting and then putting in a sauce type of hting, when you slide off the skin, since theyre mini peppers (which I think are SO pretty), try to keep them whole if you can! when theyre larger peppers you have to cut them up so theyre bite size. but with mini peppers, just leave them like that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics