Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Community Ideas
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 9:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm literally looking to get OUT of Monsey. LOL

You can definitely find that house and acreage in Monticello.

They have a nice yiddish speaking crowd and I know there's chabad there. Not sure about the specifics of chabad there or where the chabad community sends their kids to school.

The chassidish community has established schools.

Rabbi Benzion Chanowitz is the Chabad Rabbi. His wife is Rochel.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 9:37 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
You can definitely find that house and acreage in Monticello.

They have a nice yiddish speaking crowd and I know there's chabad there. Not sure about the specifics of chabad there or where the chabad community sends their kids to school.

The chassidish community has established schools.

Rabbi Benzion Chanowitz is the Chabad Rabbi. His wife is Rochel.

Thanks. I thought Monticello people send in their kids to school in Monsey?

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 9:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. I thought Monticello people send in their kids to school in Monsey?

No. There's a whole chassidish community there and they have all community functions set up. It is a more laid back community than the city, understandably.

Maybe Chabad sends to Monsey although I don't see how this is practical on a daily basis. It's an hour and 10 minutes each way.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 9:44 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
No. There's a whole chassidish community there and they have all community functions set up. It is a more laid back community than the city, understandably.

Maybe Chabad sends to Monsey although I don't see how this is practical on a daily basis. It's an hour and 10 minutes each way.

Good to know. Appreciated.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 9:58 pm
There’s a breslov community in Liberty it’s a beautiful spaced out area and they have infrastructure.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 10:00 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
There’s a breslov community in Liberty it’s a beautiful spaced out area and they have infrastructure.

Thank you. Breslov isn't my shnit, but it's nice to know about. Smile

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 10:04 pm
Why not try the ''smaller'' communities just a half hr. drive from Chicago. Glencoe, Highland Park, Lincolnwood, and Skokie .Buffalo Grove

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 10:08 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:

They're very nice people but they have their own infrastructure and agenda.
I dont think they have what to offer OP.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 10:12 pm
amother Rose wrote:
Why not try the ''smaller'' communities just a half hr. drive from Chicago. Glencoe, Highland Park, Lincolnwood, and Skokie .Buffalo Grove

I know nothing about them. Can you tell me specifics of why you think each community might be a good fit and in which area I should peek at housing? Thank you!

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 10:15 pm
OP if you (or anyone:) would like to hear about Howell feel free to pm or ask q's here
We are iyh moving to a beautiful heimish/yeshivish mix 2 minutes from lakewood and are looking for more frum neighbors!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 10:21 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
OP if you (or anyone:) would like to hear about Howell feel free to pm or ask q's here
We are iyh moving to a beautiful heimish/yeshivish mix 2 minutes from lakewood and are looking for more frum neighbors!

Thanks! How close is your closest shul?
Can you tell me in which area of Howell to look at houses?

keym

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 10:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! How close is your closest shul?
Can you tell me in which area of Howell to look at houses?

Just a reminder that Howell kids go to Lakewood schools which is a huge topic and conversation. The schools are there. Good heimishe, good neutral Chassidishe, BY, Chassidishe. Whatever you want.
But getting in is a real challenge. It may or may not be worth the house, land, possibly pool for you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 10:35 pm
Howell actually has some excellent houses for great prices. I would seriously consider it.
It seems like the most viable option if my out-of-the-cholent Monsey choice falls flat.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 10:37 pm
keym wrote:
Just a reminder that Howell kids go to Lakewood schools which is a huge topic and conversation. The schools are there. Good heimishe, good neutral Chassidishe, BY, Chassidishe. Whatever you want.
But getting in is a real challenge. It may or may not be worth the house, land, possibly pool for you.

I heard the schooling situation is insane. *sigh*

My husband actually has a dream to open up a new school for girls that is less about academics and more about finding the simcha in Yiddishkeit. Maybe he'll have a job to do... (He's worked in the school/cheder industry for many years.)

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 10:59 pm
Sorry went to serve supper ( in a diff time zone rn lol)
Our closest shul atm is a mile away. That shul is litvish. We do have enough heimish to start a minyan,we are trying to find a place.
My house is off Kent Road
As some ppl correctly pointed out we are still relying on lkwd infrastructure (skwls mikvaos etc) which may be a problem for some. Consider that as well
There happens to be a gorgeous house 3 min away from me going for 1.2m if I can find I'm happy to post

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:04 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
Sorry went to serve supper ( in a diff time zone rn lol)
Our closest shul atm is a mile away. That shul is litvish. We do have enough heimish to start a minyan,we are trying to find a place.
My house is off Kent Road
As some ppl correctly pointed out we are still relying on lkwd infrastructure (skwls mikvaos etc) which may be a problem for some. Consider that as well
There happens to be a gorgeous house 3 min away from me going for 1.2m if I can find I'm happy to post

This one? https://www.zillow.com/homedet.....zpid/

When you say heimishe, what do you mean? I'm spent years in the very, very chasidishe world, but I'm looking to just be middle of the road in frumkeit now, but I have passionate Yiddishkeit.

We are a growing family, seeking Hashem. But I drive and I wear an open sheitel.
I appreciate technology for the good it can spread, but am careful in regard to the dangers.
Would I fit well into the community you are imagining?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:09 pm
Would you know if this one is in a Jewish area?
https://www.zillow.com/homedet.....zpid/

nylon

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:10 pm
I love Pittsburgh, but finding a large lot that's flat enough for a pool in Squirrel Hill is very difficult. It's an older, city neighborhood, and very hilly. There are some larger lots (may not be exactly where you want, to walk to shul) but large and flat? Very few.

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
This one? https://www.zillow.com/homedet.....zpid/

When you say heimishe, what do you mean? I'm spent years in the very, very chasidishe world, but I'm looking to just be middle of the road in frumkeit now, but I have passionate Yiddishkeit.

We are a growing family, seeking Hashem. But I drive and I wear an open sheitel.
I appreciate technology for the good it can spread, but am careful in regard to the dangers.
Would I fit well into the community you are imagining?

Yes! This house lol. Whoops not church but clayton... same diff

As far as Heimish.... I drive, wear a lace sheitel, have a (filtered) smartphone, and pretty pink polish. My husband wears a shtreimel but is from out of town. We like to think we're pretty open minded. Some of the neighbors are like us. Some are not. We're all jews, we like em all:)

As an aside you mentioned Chabad.... my father has davened in the Chabad shul in lakewood most of my childhood. It's not walkable from my neighborhood but may be a nice option for a weekday shul for your husband

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Would you know if this one is in a Jewish area?
https://www.zillow.com/homedet.....zpid/

Can't promise but this seems to be in Ramstown, which has a name as having a nice sized heimish community. I don't know anything for sure though. If you'd like I can give you the ne of a frum realtor in Howell who can guide you better
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating