Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Fun stuff near Newark airport

LO

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 5:02 am
Good morning!
I have to drive someone to newark airport this Sunday morning and wanted to make a trip out of it with the family (from Lakewood). I am not so familiar with the area - what is there to do within a half-hour radius that is kid friendly? Either nice nature or a good indoor/outdoor playground, or a kids museum? Looking for ideas....
Thanks!

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:51 am
I grew up in Elizabeth, right near Newark Airport, here are things we used to do with visitors, but I haven't lived in the area for a while, so check these out in advance.

Liberty Science Center is pretty close, really amazing children's science museum, appropriate for kids, adults, and all ages.

Warinanco Park - quite close to the airport, a nice very large park with multiple playgrounds, a lake where you can rent paddle boats / row boats, lots of large grassy areas, etc. This is in Elizabeth, so you can also stop a few blocks away and get kosher Jerusalem Pizza or kosher Dunkin Donuts or other kosher food for a full day of fun.

Jersey Gardens Mall - very close to the airport, nothing specifically fun or special, just an outlet mall, but has lots of interesting stores to look at if your kids are into malls. In the past they have had some places that served kosher food, but I am totally not up to date.

Ikea - very close to the airport, It is just ikea, but they have a kids play area, if your kids are into wandering around Ikea and playing in a ball pit.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:58 am
amother Honey wrote:
I grew up in Elizabeth, right near Newark Airport, here are things we used to do with visitors, but I haven't lived in the area for a while, so check these out in advance.

Liberty Science Center is pretty close, really amazing children's science museum, appropriate for kids, adults, and all ages.

Warinanco Park - quite close to the airport, a nice very large park with multiple playgrounds, a lake where you can rent paddle boats / row boats, lots of large grassy areas, etc. This is in Elizabeth, so you can also stop a few blocks away and get kosher Jerusalem Pizza or kosher Dunkin Donuts or other kosher food for a full day of fun.

Jersey Gardens Mall - very close to the airport, nothing specifically fun or special, just an outlet mall, but has lots of interesting stores to look at if your kids are into malls. In the past they have had some places that served kosher food, but I am totally not up to date.

Ikea - very close to the airport, It is just ikea, but they have a kids play area, if your kids are into wandering around Ikea and playing in a ball pit.

Re Liberty Science Center, at one point they were requiring vaccine cards. So check that out before you go if you/your kids are not vaccinated

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 7:55 am
There's a great indoor playground in Linden, it's extra special, my kids had an amazing time there.
https://linden.kidsempire.com/
Wheeler Spray PArk is also amazing but it can get PACKED https://ucnj.org/parks-recreat.....park/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics