Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Getting pushed off every time I call! How to handle?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 12:35 pm
I need a particular service for my daughter and there is one person that does it by me.

I have called him everyday to speak to him. He says "call me in half an hour", I call half an hour later, he goes "call me in an hour", I call him an hour later he doesnt pick up or tells me "I very busy call me tomorrow after 3" I call after 3 hes busy.

Its really annoying. I feel like im "bothering" him- but I need his services and obviously this isnt a chessed.

Do I just keep calling until I catch him at a good time? Its been a week so far!

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 12:38 pm
Can you go to his office? It's hard to put people off when they're right in front of you.
Or you can email him with all the times you've tried to contact him and cc his supervisor or boss.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 12:42 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Can you go to his office? It's hard to put people off when they're right in front of you.
Or you can email him with all the times you've tried to contact him and cc his supervisor or boss.

He does everything virtual.
Its jsut annoying because now I feel like the one being annoying, but I will be a paying customer.

The customer service in the frum world is so bad. I dread buying my next sheital bc of this

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 12:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
He does everything virtual.
Its jsut annoying because now I feel like the one being annoying, but I will be a paying customer.

The customer service in the frum world is so bad. I dread buying my next sheital bc of this

This is lashon hora and not true. Just because you're having a hard time reaching a person, it doesn't mean that the customer service in the frum world is bad. I've had great experience and bad experience within the non Jewish and frum world.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 12:54 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
This is lashon hora and not true. Just because you're having a hard time reaching a person, it doesn't mean that the customer service in the frum world is bad. I've had great experience and bad experience within the non Jewish and frum world.

Ok not going to get into it but yes youre right

happy chick

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 1:05 pm
Super frustrating!!! I just had that , with a technician for an appliance. I just stopped calling him. I don't know what to do next cuz I really need his services for which I can't find anyone else who can do it. But I can't keep begging as if I'm asking for a chesed. I don't understand how this guy runs his business or why anyone would choose to use his services. But anyhoo, I have no advice for you except good luck.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 1:08 pm
I would harass him to no end until he finally finds time.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 1:10 pm
Find a different service provider. He is obviously too busy or not interested in your business.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 1:10 pm
With people like this, I think you need to be the squeaky wheel in the extreme. If you need it, and he's the source, you call every day. Sometimes twice. And if he says, "Call me back in an hour," you quickly tell him what it's about and then say you will. If you tell him it's about starting services before he hangs up, he might tell you if he has no openings. Or he might say, "Go to x website and fill out a form", or to email him the details.

Does he have an email listed? If he does, definitely use that too.

Unfortunately, experts are sometimes like this. Especially if they're the only ones in their are and overworked, and particularly if it doesn't pay well enough for them to hire an assistant to deal with things like this.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 1:11 pm
I think he's giving you a hint. I hate when people aren't direct.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette