Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Myer-Briggs ISFJ
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 11:35 am
Hi all, after delving into this system and mistyping myself for years, and gaining more self-awareness, I came to the conclusion that I am an ISFJ.

I'd love to get to know others with the same personality type and learn more about you.

Let's get this started!

I'm complicated! I'm a deep spiritual seeker, love learning, but skeptical at first. I will question everything and play devil's advocate until I fully understand what I'm learning. I'm cute and gentle, but can surprise you with my bluntness and honesty. I am reserved, but will get very excited, social, and loud when passionate about something. I will forgive, but never forget! I'm a very dedicated worker, detail oriented, thorough and super hardworking- getting things done type. Sometimes I take life too seriously. I crave creativity and creative expression, but find it so difficult to actually deliver!

Your turn.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 12:19 pm
When I was in high school I was obsessed with Myer-Briggs! At that point I was an INTJ and remained the same for a few years but I feel like now as a mom my personality has shifted. I wonder what I would be if I retook the test.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 12:49 pm
The tests are really not all that accurate. I've gotten, INFJ, ISTJ, INTJ, INFP... Reading a good book regarding this topic would be your best shot at finding your actual type.

behappy2

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 12:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
The tests are really not all that accurate. I've gotten, INFJ, ISTJ, INTJ, INFP... Reading a good book regarding this topic would be your best shot at finding your actual type.

Which book do you recommend

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:03 pm
OP what you described is actually almost the same as my son. (I personally am quite the opposite) Where can I learn more about Myer Brigs ? And what is it based on ? Is it based on what month one is born ? (I heard a while ago about that but never really looked into it)

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:14 pm
Quote:
love learning, but skeptical at first. I will question everything and play devil's advocate until I fully understand what I'm learning.

This👆 makes me wonder if you are indeed an ISFJ. ISFJs tend to believe others a lot and get easily influenced.

It's s the most popular Myer Briggs type. I think 14% of the population is ISFJ especially women.

Have you taken this test 👇

https://www.16personalities.co.....esses

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:16 pm
I loved the book "I'm not crazy, I'm Just Not You".

It's not the easiest read but will give you a very good understanding of the system.

amother
Glitter

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:19 pm
INTJ married to INTJ. Both architect thinkers, very rational, enough to think this is fun but not to take it too seriously!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:21 pm
amother Navy wrote:
OP what you described is actually almost the same as my son. (I personally am quite the opposite) Where can I learn more about Myer Brigs ? And what is it based on ? Is it based on what month one is born ? (I heard a while ago about that but never really looked into it)

No it is not based on when one was born (that is horoscopes). You can google Myer-Briggs 16 personality types to learn more.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi all, after delving into this system and mistyping myself for years, and gaining more self-awareness, I came to the conclusion that I am an ISFJ.

I'd love to get to know others with the same personality type and learn more about you.

Let's get this started!

I'm complicated! I'm a deep spiritual seeker, love learning, but skeptical at first. I will question everything and play devil's advocate until I fully understand what I'm learning. I'm cute and gentle, but can surprise you with my bluntness and honesty. I am reserved, but will get very excited, social, and loud when passionate about something. I will forgive, but never forget! I'm a very dedicated worker, detail oriented, thorough and super hardworking- getting things done type. Sometimes I take life too seriously. I crave creativity and creative expression, but find it so difficult to actually deliver!

Your turn.

Interesting. I’m an ISFJ and haven’t come across this description. 70% of the above doesn’t describe me but I’ve had other descriptions describe me better.

Which test have you been using?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:45 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Which book do you recommend

I’d recommend the original Myers Briggs book

amother
Winterberry

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

Let's get this started!

Your turn.

I am an ISTP. Most women are not. I don’t get along with most women. I find being around the “F” types particularly draining, no offence intended OP.

I am not the same personality type as OP so probably shouldn’t respond but I do see some merit in the Myers-Briggs test.

Being a frum woman who cannot socialize with men is very hard for me. The end.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:52 pm
I used to be an INFP, and just did it now to see how I have changed, I am now an INFJ.

I read the book Appreciating people years ago and then the other one Miriam Adahan brought out, the Ennegram, with numbers.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 2:54 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
I used to be an INFP, and just did it now to see how I have changed, I am now an INFJ.

Unless I’m mistaken, the whole theory of the Myer Briggs is that your personality DOES NOT change; the same is true of the Enneagram (though you can go up and down in levels).

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 4:38 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Unless I’m mistaken, the whole theory of the Myer Briggs is that your personality DOES NOT change; the same is true of the Enneagram (though you can go up and down in levels).

The way I understood it is we all have all parts inside of us. The letters represent which part is more developed vs the underdeveloped counterpart. For example, if you are an “I” for introvert, you can still like some aspects of socializations and will therefore have a percentage of how introverted and extroverted you are. (E.g. 73% introverted and 27% extroverted). Over time you can develop and nurture your other attributes (especially when you are in the 40/50 percentage range) which can then represent a greater percentage of you than before.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 5:07 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
The way I understood it is we all have all parts inside of us. The letters represent which part is more developed vs the underdeveloped counterpart…. Over time you can develop and nurture your other attributes…which can then represent a greater percentage of you than before.

It is true that we have all parts inside of us: there are 7 billion people in the world, and obviously there are more than 16 types of people (or 9 if you go by the Enneagram). However, your personality type cannot change. If you thought you were an INFJ and now think you’re an ISFJ or a 9 and now a 4…you aren’t understanding the test/types correctly.

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 5:14 pm
I read Miriam adahans book and she says you CAN change over the years. Some very extroverted ppl start gravitating more towards introvertedness and vice versa some very judging ppl can experience life in a way that they become more perceiving...

Right now I'm a real INFP

amother
SandyBrown

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 5:24 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
I read Miriam adahans book and she says you CAN change over the years. Some very extroverted ppl start gravitating more towards introvertedness and vice versa some very judging ppl can experience life in a way that they become more perceiving...

I haven’t read Miriam Adahan’s book but so many people who I’ve spoken to who did seem to be confused about how the Enneagram works; I really recommend you read the originals by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson.

Some misunderstandings I’ve heard:
1. That you can be a 6 with a wing of a 3. You cannot—the wing must border the main type (ex: 6, wing 5 or 6, wing 7).
2. Your type can change. You can go up and down in levels (depending how “healthy” you are) and depending on the level take on traits of a different type, but if you’re a 6, you will always be a 6.

taketwo

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 5:38 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I haven’t read Miriam Adahan’s book but so many people who I’ve spoken to who did seem to be confused about how the Enneagram works; I really recommend you read the originals by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson.

Some misunderstandings I’ve heard:
1. That you can be a 6 with a wing of a 3. You cannot—the wing must border the main type (ex: 6, wing 5 or 6, wing 7).
2. Your type can change. You can go up and down in levels (depending how “healthy” you are) and depending on the level take on traits of a different type, but if you’re a 6, you will always be a 6.

You'll always be your type but your wings can alternate sides at different stages in your life, as well as you can act more your stress point type or your growth point type.

So if you're a 6 currently under a lot of stress you'll look more like a 3, where as when you're in a healthier place you may look more like a 9.

Add in the flavor of whichever wing is heavier I the moment and you could seem a different personality type.

The only thing that never changes is your type 6 core motivation and core fear.

amother
Apple

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 5:42 pm
I'm a solid INFJ and would love to meet another one here....they're hard to find...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics