Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Transitioning from one child to the next

When was the hardest transition for you?
having your first child  
 42%  [ 11 ]
from 1 to 2  
 34%  [ 9 ]
2 to 3  
 15%  [ 4 ]
3 to 4  
 3%  [ 1 ]
4 and up  
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

proudmom

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 3:42 pm
When was the hardest transition for you?

I felt the hardest transition was from 2 to 3. Having 3 kids is so much harder than just having 2. The transition for 1 to 2 was much easier for me BH.

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 4:34 pm
what a good question!!! (I've worried about it myself) after I had my first, someone told me that nothing is as hard as going from 0 to 1. your whole life changes with your first kid! I'm only on #2 right now (B"H, B"AH) and that transition was pretty hard, too. someone else told me recently that it's hard going from 0 to 1, and then harder 1 to 2, and then harder 2 to 3, but after 3, it's "all the same."
with my first and my second, it took about 3 months until I could get into a normal routine. (is 3 months a REALLY long time?!?!)

lucky

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 4:59 pm
From two to three is what I found hardest. And after no.4 it doesnt change things much.

proudmom

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 9:37 am
Quote:
(is 3 months a REALLY long time?!?!)

not at all. each person gets a hang of the transition in different amount of time.

technic

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 9:49 am
3 is when mommy no longer has a hand for EACH child - and theres less than one parent each 2....

RedVines

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 10:39 am
0613- I felt the same way, I am also up to 2 (KA"H, B"H) and I felt it took me 3 months until I was up to the task! Iy"H I was hoping the transition to 3 wouldnt be hard but apparently...IT IS!!!!

Yael

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 1:48 pm
for me the hardest was for sure 1-2. b/c when I had just one I had at least a little time for myself and with 2 it was nonstop baby care. plus it was really hard getting out with 2 babies. b/c they were really close in age. B"H from 2-3 I already am used to having a hectic schedule. and I've already learned all the tricks for getting out and handling bedtime bathtime etc. and making it easier, so I can apply the same tricks to wehn I had the third kid.
the only thing that is harder this time is that my son is older now and needs to be entertained with activities that are more stimulating than I can provide. but he is going to school soon and so I know it wont last forever. and I also send him for playdates, and that makes life easier.

zigi

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 12:35 am
going from 0 to 1, the whole shock of becoming a mother, life not being the same again, and also not knowing how to take care of a baby. going from 1 to 2 is basicly much busier, have to make time, and try to get enough sleep but not as hard as I thought it would be

Ima-to-angels

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 7:00 am
It kind of depends what the age differences between them are. My 3 are close together (4.5ys/2.5ys/1yr) and the hardest was going from 2 to 3. It really took me a good 6 months to adjust.
I am now 3 months preg. with #4 and I have no idea how I will cope....

mother of 2 princess's

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 7:37 am
well I think it really depends on the age gap
I found going from 0 - 1 much harder because my 1st was 4 when I had my second so she was out all day.

raizy

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 10:54 pm
after my first kid I told the nurse I will never get out of bed again. hahahahhaha

after my forth kid the hardest part is that u got to mulitiply everything bye 4 .... I wonder how it will be after my 5 th kid gets here.

1stimer

Post Thu, Sep 15 2005, 2:53 pm
definately from 0-1 Wink LOL

Meema2Kids

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 12:51 pm
From 1 - 2 was the hardest for me, mostly because of expectations, I expected it to be as easy as when number 1 was born. Boy was I wrong. When 3rd came along I expected it to be hard, and I relaxed. It was much less stress for me!

imanut

Post Fri, Sep 30 2005, 4:52 pm
I had my second baby 6 weeks ago and now I wonder how I ever could have thought one child was difficult.

cr2005

Post Fri, Sep 30 2005, 5:25 pm
from 0-1 was the hardest just getting used taking care of a baby day and night, but by the #2 the only hard thing was getting my oldest used to the whole idea of having a little baby in the house. In the beginning it was the hardest and she has her moments but generally its great....the moment when they start playing nicely together it makes it all worth it you get so much nachas just watching your kids having a good time together.

Im really strict on schedules. The other night they were playing so nicely together I couldn't interrupt them from playing to put them to sleep....its something that doesn't happen all the time, but when it does its the best I even found my eyes getting watery. ( thinking I cant believe these are my kids and look how big they got, and look how much they truly love each other its just the greatest)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics