Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Breakfast and lunch

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 2:01 pm
This is the most stressful part of having a job! I have to wait with my kids for the bus each morning so that doesn’t leave a good amount of uninterrupted time for me to eat breakfast. Then I have a few minutes to get officially dressed before I have to drop off another kid and go to work. I have barely any time to eat breakfast or prepare lunch. No good takeout stores nearby.

What are some ideas I can do for breakfast and lunch that can help me?

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 2:03 pm
I prepare overnight oats once or twice a week. before leaving to work just need to grab a container from the fridge and a spoon.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 2:05 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
I prepare overnight oats once or twice a week. before leaving to work just need to grab a container from the fridge and a spoon.

I really dislike that. I have a hard time eating foods that don’t strongly appeal to me.
Also no hard boiled eggs. Yogurt I’ve done too much and got sick of already.

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 2:12 pm
I eat a Greek yogurt and banana for breakfast, or if I make my kids eggs I make for myself at the same time (and usually eat it while standing over the pot cooking theirs. Sometimes I will nuke blintzes or cheese pancakes from the food box, which I have a freezer full of but my kids won’t eat (they are better in the toaster oven,but it takes longer and I am not fussy)

Lunch is usually a salad-make the night before (only use grape tomatoes because cut tomatoes get yucky) or dinner leftovers, or I make myself a sandwich when I make for the kids.

There is plenty of takeout by me and I have the finances, but I can’t fathom spending it to grab breakfast or lunch. Maybe I am just easy to feed.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 2:15 pm
I would keep granola bars and stuff like that in my drawer to eat with a coffee . Can you eat at work? Sometimes I make myself a sandwich when making kids lunches.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 2:16 pm
amother Honey wrote:
I eat a Greek yogurt and banana for breakfast, or if I make my kids eggs I make for myself at the same time (and usually eat it while standing over the pot cooking theirs. Sometimes I will nuke blintzes or cheese pancakes from the food box, which I have a freezer full of but my kids won’t eat (they are better in the toaster oven,but it takes longer and I am not fussy)

Lunch is usually a salad-make the night before (only use grape tomatoes because cut tomatoes get yucky) or dinner leftovers, or I make myself a sandwich when I make for the kids.

There is plenty of takeout by me and I have the finances, but I can’t fathom spending it to grab breakfast or lunch. Maybe I am just easy to feed.

I hate the idea of spending money but I feel like it’s been hard to find ideas Lately.
I’ve been trying frozen pizza but it’s been tasting yucky. Don’t usually have dinner leftovers. Salad sounds nice , I wish I knew how to prep really appealing ones on my own

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 2:17 pm
amother Copper wrote:
I would keep granola bars and stuff like that in my drawer to eat with a coffee . Can you eat at work? Sometimes I make myself a sandwich when making kids lunches.

I don’t love granola bars but I might force myself. What kind of sandwiches?

I guess I’m just too picky.

Last year when my schedule allowed more time in the morning I made eggs and toast but don’t have time this year.

mha3484

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 2:17 pm
I eat really random food that is not typical breakfast food. I usually prep my food after my kids leave and take it work to eat there. I also work very close to home so it stays hot. You can do a thermos instead to keep food warm.

For lunch I have a hard time too. I work near restaurants but it get $$$ and too much is not healthy so I try to leave stuff in the fridge like cream cheese, slice cheese, hummus, crackers or rice cakes. I also take dinner leftovers.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 2:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don’t love granola bars but I might force myself. What kind of sandwiches?

I guess I’m just too picky.

Last year when my schedule allowed more time in the morning I made eggs and toast but don’t have time this year.

Pb & j
Cream cheese (if I’m feeling fancy I add lox and sliced jalapeños)
Egg salad
Tuna with tomatoes, lettuce, onion

If I have the ingredients prepped and ready to go it takes two minutes to put together and you can eat on the way if needed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics