Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Defrosted pareve whipped toppings

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 6:22 pm
One of my dc left the freezer door and a whole bunch of food defrosted, right before yontif Banging head Banging head Banging head

Anyway, I just finished cooking up a bunch of stuff but I still have 4 defrosted pareve whipped toppings.

Any suggestions for something I can make now with it and freeze for yontif?
TIA

Java

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 6:25 pm
Crush up some oreos/any pareve cookies, put them in a graham cracker crust, pour in the whip and freeze
You can top with more cookies to serve
Looks great and so easy

ila

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 6:27 pm
Whip it and freeze it than you Can use regular how you use it always

DVOM

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:03 pm
In mixer, whip equal parts whip and Marshmello fluff.

Add anything you and your family like.

We use crushed sandwich cookies, crushed graham crackers mini marshmallows and mini choc chips, fruity pebbles and colored sprinkles.

Freeze and serve as ice cream.

Or whip Marshmello fluff and whip, layer in graham cracker pie crust with any canned fruit pie filling, or layer between thin brownies or Blondies. Freeze, slice, serve!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:06 pm
There's a yummy lemon pie that tastes like cheesecake in the thread about making Yom Tov in minutes... Let me find it

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:09 pm
Copied and pasted, not my writing

LEMON PIE
(This tastes like cheesecake!)
Defrost 1 carton of rich's whip (8 oz) or equivalent. (I just double the recipe if I'm using a 16 oz carton so I don't have to measure half.) The defrosting part does take longer than 10 minutes unfortunately.
Pour whip into mixing bowl.
Add 4 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup lemon juice.
Mix with immersion blender until sugar is basically incorporated. (Try not to overmix because it grows in volume and will overflow your pie crust which is just annoying.)
Put graham cracker crust on baking sheet for stability. (Optionally line baking sheet with foil for easier cleanup if you're a messy cook like me.)
Pour mixture into crust. It may reach the top.
Bake for 30 minutes. It may still look uncooked in the middle, but firms up some when cool.
(Some of my kids like it frozen.)

amother
Iris

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:13 pm
Mix whip with vanilla pudding and make a cookie cake!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:16 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....00228

mammale

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:20 pm
I think you can refreeze. (What's the difference between putting a closed carton back in the freezer and whipping it first. Not baking either way)

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:41 pm
Add in blended strawberries, blended tinned fruits such as peaches, pineapple and pears (don't use all the juice otherwise it will be way too runny) and you will have a delicious and refreshing Compote for Yom Tov.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:47 pm
Thank you ladies!!!
I have seen a lot of these recipes in the past and never given them a second glance but now I'm gonna do at least two Smile

I love making chocolate bark with pretzels and mini marshmallows, but it would never keep until yontif.

Now I really have options. Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen