Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
What can I freeze?

mushkale

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 4:38 am
I'm trying to cook in advance for the first time but I'm unsure what is freezable.

I was thinking of making lokshen kugel, zuchinni kugel, mini broccoli tarts and green beans. Can I freeze and how do I defrost properly?

Also what kind of chicken and salmon?

cholentfan1

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 6:52 am
I've always found kugels to freeze well. I probably would do the beans fresh. If you have the time, I would freeze the chicken, raw but prepped, so you defrost it and cook it. But it also works just fine to freeze it cooked.
I personally like cooking my meats and chickens fresh as I then freeze any leftovers. But you do what works for you. I have my kugels already in the freezer. I also make rice and orzo and freeze those. Potatoes don't freeze well, although I find it's okay in kugels. Challos are also good to make ahead as they freeze well and take time to make.

mushkale

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:31 pm
And what about dips?

dankbar

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:34 pm
All those in your OP you can freeze. Zucchini kugel will need longer reheating time before serving so it shouldn't be watery. You can underbake it first time around.

Sautéed green beans should be fine frozen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes