Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What color gel manicure for sukkos
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:27 pm
To go with all my winter outfits… blacks neutrals some greens and pinks…

I don’t wear bright red. I’m hesitant to wear burgundy; I live in Lakewood in a orchos chain type of neighborhood. Would that fly?

Pink is too summary. No gray or black. White doesn’t look good on me…

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
To go with all my winter outfits… blacks neutrals some greens and pinks…

I don’t wear bright red. I’m hesitant to wear burgundy; I live in Lakewood in a orchos chain type of neighborhood. Would that fly?

Pink is too summary. No gray or black. White doesn’t look good on me…

I really envy people whose minds are so involved and busy with this kind of stuff.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:30 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
I really envy people whose minds are so involved and busy with this kind of stuff.

Lol why do you say that?
I’m watching my baby in the bathtub
I should be saying tehillim I admit

I do feel grateful that I have this time today to relax. And I am looking forward to treating myself before yom tov after all the cooking and cleaning

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:32 pm
I don't know what type of neighborhood you're referring to, but I think a rosy pink/peach close to your skin tone is a good choice. This way, even if it chips (rarer with gel, but still happens) it won't be glaringly obvious.

I'll probably go French, because DH loves French, and pray the tips stay intact for the close to 2 weeks until I can go back.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:38 pm
amother Peach wrote:
I don't know what type of neighborhood you're referring to, but I think a rosy pink/peach close to your skin tone is a good choice. This way, even if it chips (rarer with gel, but still happens) it won't be glaringly obvious.

I'll probably go French, because DH loves French, and pray the tips stay intact for the close to 2 weeks until I can go back.

My dh also loves French. Should I surprise him hm

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:40 pm
Cream/beige tones

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:41 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Cream/beige tones

For winter?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
For winter?

Yes!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:46 pm
Yes!

Thanks. Can you weigh in on burgundy in Lakewood proper (not Jackson or TR)?

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:52 pm
I really don't see dark colors around that much.

nightingale1

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. Can you weigh in on burgundy in Lakewood proper (not Jackson or TR)?

I really wouldn’t. Have seen on some older ladies. But if you’re younger, no.

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:54 pm
Personally, I wear Ballet Slippers (soft pink with creamy undertones) that looks beautiful on me all year round. I do wear only light color polish, but I’ve also never had something that didn’t match my pink nails.

About burgundy nails in Lakewood- the borders between Lakewood and TR/Jackson are not very defined anymore, so being in Lakewood itself doesn’t mean you’ll stick out. Whether or not you’ll find others wearing burgundy just depends on the crowd in your neighborhood.

Are you new here?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:57 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
Personally, I wear Ballet Slippers (soft pink with creamy undertones) that looks beautiful on me all year round. I do wear only light color polish, but I’ve also never had something that didn’t match my pink nails.

About burgundy nails in Lakewood- the borders between Lakewood and TR/Jackson are not very defined anymore, so being in Lakewood itself doesn’t mean you’ll stick out. Whether or not you’ll find others wearing burgundy just depends on the crowd in your neighborhood.

Are you new here?

No but my kids are now in schools, and I began working in a new office with a lot of men and women who are a lot more yeshivish than dh and I so want to fit in/respect the culture.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:58 pm
From what I can tell, dark colors are out

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:04 pm
From what I can tell, dark colors are out

Not out but not done here Wink

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Not out but not done here Wink

Meant mostly out of style in our circles

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Lol why do you say that?
I’m watching my baby in the bathtub
I should be saying tehillim I admit

I do feel grateful that I have this time today to relax. And I am looking forward to treating myself before yom tov after all the cooking and cleaning

I don’t know, I just can’t imagine taking that much mind space to think about polish colors and what polish colors I look good in (?) and don’t and what’s summery and not, etc
I’d just go, pick something pretty and finished, not be considering the colors at home. I have more important stuff on my mind.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:34 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
I don’t know, I just can’t imagine taking that much mind space to think about polish colors and what polish colors I look good in (?) and don’t and what’s summery and not, etc
I’d just go, pick something pretty and finished, not be considering the colors at home. I have more important stuff on my mind.

Does that mean that op can’t ask others? You do you and leave your judgement behind

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
No but my kids are now in schools, and I began working in a new office with a lot of men and women who are a lot more yeshivish than dh and I so want to fit in/respect the culture.

In that case, I’d stick to lighter colors. (If I were you, I’d do French or a small design on one finger for some interest, but that’s me.)

Kol hakavod to you for being respectful to others.

mizle10

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:39 pm
Right now I'm loving a long almond shaped nail with a very sheer natural polish. Something so manicured but effortless about it. I use OPI love is in the bare.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics