Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Children's books

morticia_again

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 2:22 pm
I'm going to post this in a couple of forums (assume that's allowed), because I just wanted some ideas and advice.
I find that the Jewish kids books on the market are not as good in general as the non-Jewish ones (I'm talking about for little kids, up to age 3 or 4).
Could you tell me which books your children enjoy, and those that you actually enjoy reading to them (because I find that most just put me to sleep, even if the kids like them, while there are loads of non-Jewish books that are funny or witty, or actually appealing to adults as well)?

Thanks very much.
morticia

girliesmommy

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 5:22 pm
Hachai!
They make really great books with great illustrations. My 2 year old daughter can sit for 20 minutes straight just looking at the pictures, and I don't mind reading them to her either.
You can check them out at www.hachai.com and they are divided by age.
One other thing I love about them is that they are all the same size, but different colors, so they look nice on the bookshelf too!

morticia_again

Post Sun, Oct 02 2005, 2:57 pm
Thanks for your reply. It seems a lot of people have recommended Hachai, so I'm going to check them out!
Tova
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers