Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How to find product with correct dimensions on Amazon

scruffy

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:00 am
I'm not so great at searching on Amazon and was hoping someone could give me tips.

One of my biggest issues is searching for the correct size/measurements for a product.

For instance, say I want a container that is somewhere between 8-10 oz. I can put it searches with 8 oz in the title, 9 oz, 10 oz... and get what I want (I find if I leave off the size entirely, I get all kinds of irrelevant hits.) That's not so bad, because I don't need to put in the search terms too many times.

It gets more complicated when looking for something where I need length/ width measurements within a certain range. For instance, right now I'm looking for a non slip mat for my entryway. My max dimensions are 38" by 40", but I would buy something up to 6 inches shorter than that on either measurement. If I put in 38x40 into the search, it won't pull all the products, or will tend to pull products with one of those numbers in the description... But I don't need an exact size, I'm looking for something within a range. I wish there was some way to narrow by dimensions on the side... This is just one example, but this comes up a lot for me.

Anyone out there who's an Amazon search pro and can help?

singleagain

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:21 am
Filters. I go to Amazon filters a lot of times and it helps narrow things down

scruffy

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:26 am
singleagain wrote:
Filters. I go to Amazon filters a lot of times and it helps narrow things down

Could you walk me through what to do in this case? It's not a standard rug size.

singleagain

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:32 am
scruffy wrote:
Could you walk me through what to do in this case? It's not a standard rug size.

Okay.

First, what type of rug

Eta, I just realized you put that info in your first post..
Hang on

singleagain

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:35 am
Indoor or outdoor?

scruffy

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:37 am
singleagain wrote:
Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor.

singleagain

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:42 am
Okay, so it's interesting When I search for an indoor welcome mat, it gives me a lot fewer options than when I just search for welcome mat

One thing I notice is that they have half oval and full oval ones. Would you be willing to maybe do something like that since you have a non-standard size?

scruffy

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:52 am
singleagain wrote:
Okay, so it's interesting When I search for an indoor welcome mat, it gives me a lot fewer options than when I just search for welcome mat

One thing I notice is that they have half oval and full oval ones. Would you be willing to maybe do something like that since you have a non-standard size?

I already have a smaller entrance mat. I think this one. https://www.amazon.com/smabee-.....ss_tl

My problem is that the entrance to my apartment is directly onto a small landing (dimensions listed above) with a very slippery floor. In order to close the door I need to take a step forward and turn around... And suffice to say I've already tumbled down the stairs once. So I'm looking for something with the max possible dimensions. The real solution would probably be some kind of non skid treads or treatment but I don't think those are rental friendly.

singleagain

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:58 am
scruffy wrote:
I already have a smaller entrance mat. I think this one. https://www.amazon.com/smabee-.....ss_tl

My problem is that the entrance to my apartment is directly onto a small landing (dimensions listed above) with a very slippery floor. In order to close the door I need to take a step forward and turn around... And suffice to say I've already tumbled down the stairs once. So I'm looking for something with the max possible dimensions. The real solution would probably be some kind of non skid treads or treatment but I don't think those are rental friendly.

Ah.
. Ok..I think I understand more what you're looking for

I did find this meanwhile... It's 40*32 though..

BOVEU Indoor Door Mat Front Door Mats, 40"x 32" Large Non Slip Trapper Door Rugs Absorbent Inside Floor Mat for Home Entrance Black Kite https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09T.....ss_tl

singleagain

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 11:11 am
If I understood correctly, your main issue is that you don't want to slip

In that case, what about getting a shower mat that you can cut to size? You might get two and then You couldn't fit them into size something like this

Shower Mat Non Slip, 16 x 25 inch Bathtub Mat Anti Slip Bath Mat for Tub, Quick Drain Tub Mat with Suction Cups for Bathroom https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L.....ss_tl

scruffy

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 11:13 am
singleagain wrote:
If I understood correctly, your main issue is that you don't want to slip

In that case, what about getting a shower mat that you can cut to size? You might get two and then You couldn't fit them into size something like this

Shower Mat Non Slip, 16 x 25 inch Bathtub Mat Anti Slip Bath Mat for Tub, Quick Drain Tub Mat with Suction Cups for Bathroom https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L.....ss_tl

That is a great idea!! Thank you! I'm going to try this out.

singleagain

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 11:16 am
No problem Sometimes, especially when looking for something that's not quite a standard thing. You go a little outside the box

scruffy

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 11:19 am
singleagain wrote:
No problem Sometimes, especially when looking for something that's not quite a standard thing. You go a little outside the box

I'm ordering 2 of these and the size should be great. Thank you so much for your help.

https://www.amazon.com/MBOSS-B.....ss_tl

singleagain

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 11:27 am
scruffy wrote:
I'm ordering 2 of these and the size should be great. Thank you so much for your help.

https://www.amazon.com/MBOSS-B.....ss_tl

Awesome! I hope it works out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics