Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Shish Kebob Help

wanderer

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 11:42 am
Hi,

I'm planning to make shish kebobs as appeitzer for dinner tonight. I wanted to buy the preassembled ones, and marinate and bake/broil myself. I didn't find those however, but the woman at the butcher gave me some steak strips and said she makes them all the time with those. I should put cubes of that, with tomato, onion, squash, peppers etc, marinade and bake for like 40 min.

Can anyone give me more exact instructions on how to do this? What do put on it, how much, how long, what marinade, etc?

TIA!

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 11:50 am
I usually do mine with lamb and use coconut milk and curry powder as the marinade. I don't put anything else but the meat on the skewers. It might taste just as good with beef. I have no idea. If you want to do whe meat with the veggies just like you said, probably Italian dressing would be a good marinade, or just olive oil with salt, pepper, garlic, also good.

One trick. If you are using bamboo skewers, marinate your meat and veggies, soak the skwerers in cool water and then thread the marinated ingredients before cooking. It will keep the sticks from burning and turning black.

wanderer

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 12:08 pm
Thanks!

So a cube of meat, tomato, cube pepper, cube meat and cube squash? Is that how? Can I marinade it in bbq sauce with oil/salt/pepper? How long and how high should I bake it for?

I'm not sure what kind of skewers I have. I bought a large package from the 99 cents store.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics