Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Get silly putty out of linen

micki

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 10:38 pm
does anyone know how to get silly putty out of a sheet? my daughter told me that she was stuck with her pj's to the sheet, and I see silly putty shmooshed in to the sheet.
how do I get it out?

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 10:40 pm
My daughter had that, but with a homemade one and I washed it in the machine like always and I think it came out. I didn't even look embarrassed , but she has dark sheets and she didn't tell me otherwise.

abismommy

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 10:52 pm
yo'ma, the homemeade one is glue and liquid starch. when I let my kids make it we ONLY use elmer's for that reason.
got THIS from crayola. good luck!

Surface
fabric
Materials· Dull knife or metal spoon
· WD−40® (car part lubricant)
· Liquid dishwashing detergent
· Cotton balls
· Rubbing alcohol
· Soft cloth or sponge
Procedure
Scrape off excess Silly Putty with a dull−edge knife or metal spoon. Spray with WD−40 and
let stand a few minutes. Scrape excess Silly Putty with dull−edge knife or metal spoon.
Respray with WD−40 and wipe off stain with cotton balls. If any stain remains, saturate a
cotton ball with rubbing alcohol, blot the stain and rinse. Wipe any remaining residue or
remaining stain with a damp sponge or cloth moistened with liquid dishwashing detergent.
(see entire article HERE -silly putty advice starts on page 7 - which is #9 of the 13) http://www.crayola.com/canwehe.....5.pdf

micki

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 10:56 pm
wow pages devoted to sily putty! Smile

thanks for the post- I will try that! someone told me to put it in the freezer, but that didn't do any good. I will set to scraping!
I don't think I am getting silly putty anymore...

queen

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 10:59 pm
Our daughter got silly putty on her car seat.
Well- there went the dress she was wearing (which was a matching one to another child, so there went that!) and car seat still has it on.

oh well.
can't exactly put car seat in freezer....
I guess it is what it is.

red sea

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 12:30 pm
Last time I went near silly putty it was trying to get it out of a childs hair
(which the silly putty had to be cut out by scissor in the end) ever since its an object that stays far away from me. I hope those directions work for you micki.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry