Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mesivta reccomendations

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 11:33 am
Looking for reccomendations for a mesivta in the ny/nj area

-A warm place with geshmak rabbeim, understanding that not every boy can sit for 10 hours a day. With the right motivation they can succeed
-has facilities to play sports etc
-Good, wholesome boys
-has a dorm

Any ideas?
TIA

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:00 pm
Ohr Naftoli in New Windsor sounds just like what you're looking for, but I've heard it can be competitive to get in, and also that they almost never accept transfers from other schools after 9th grade.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:01 pm
Yeshiva Ohr Yisroel- R' Zuckers in Brooklyn sounds like it might be a good fit.

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:02 pm
If he is bright and wants a secular education as well, look into Ohavei Torah in Riverdale

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:09 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
If he is bright and wants a secular education as well, look into Ohavei Torah in Riverdale

They have a dorm ?

Della

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:13 pm
I’m out of the parsha now but what about Sharei Torah in Monsey? Was like that a few years ago

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:32 pm
Thanks for all your reccomendations...I dont know that much about the yeshivas listed but from what I know...I think he needs something a bit more yeshivish. Please Correct me if im wrong about the yeshovas

We are an open minded yeshivish family but he has no access to the internet, has good hashkafos etc. However if he is with boys who are into any trouble he def has the potential to follow them.
He needs a warm caring place with muddle road learning and healthy kosher outlets like sports.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:49 pm
Mekor hatorah in lakewood...only if he can handle strictness. Very strict about everything, some boys can't handle it. Low level of learning. Not sure what level ur looking for.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 1:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for all your reccomendations...I dont know that much about the yeshivas listed but from what I know...I think he needs something a bit more yeshivish. Please Correct me if im wrong about the yeshovas

We are an open minded yeshivish family but he has no access to the internet, has good hashkafos etc. However if he is with boys who are into any trouble he def has the potential to follow them.
He needs a warm caring place with muddle road learning and healthy kosher outlets like sports.

Ohr shraga sounds like the right fit but they don’t have a dorm. They might, but not for ninth grade.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 1:33 pm
amother OP wrote:

Carteret might be an option.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 1:38 pm
amother OP wrote:

Sounds like Ohr Yisroel-R' Zucker is like that. Rebbeim are really warm and caring.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 1:38 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
They have a dorm ?

Yes.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 2:45 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:

Was just going to suggest this as well.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 3:59 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:

Can you please give me more info about this yeshiva?

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 5:22 pm
What about Englewood? My nephews are that type and learned there. The older one is now in a top Yeshiva in EY.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics